Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by nicolas de loof <ni...@apache.org> on 2009/04/28 12:18:29 UTC

NoSuchMethodError: org.w3c.dom.Document.setXmlStandalone

Hello
I'm running a CXF webapp on JBoss 4.0.2 with JDK 1.6.13.
My service get deployed, but when requesting the "?wsdl" URL I get a
"
NoSuchMethodError: org.w3c.dom.Document.setXmlStandalone
"

Browsing the JIRA I've found CXF-1861 but this doesn't helped me a lot.

My JBoss-web.xml is set with java2ClassLoadingCompliance="false"
& java2ParentDelegation=false, so I should not inherit from a container JAR
for this API.

Using a grep I've found my WEB-INF/lib has xml-apis-1.4_04.jar to be the
only jar having this w3c class, and this version defines the     public
abstract void setXmlStandalone(boolean flag) method

Any suggestion ?

Nicolas

Re: NoSuchMethodError: org.w3c.dom.Document.setXmlStandalone

Posted by nicolas de loof <ni...@gmail.com>.
I've found http://www.jboss.org/community/docs/DOC-9962to support using DOM
L3 on JBoss 4.X, but this requires to change the run script. I'm not sure
this is a supported change in my customer environment :-/

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by nicolas de loof <ni...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Tue April 28 2009 6:29:04 am Benson Margulies wrote:
> Dan, whom I believe to be on a sunny island someplace, closed CXF-1861
> without explaining why.
>
> This is a level-3 method. The question is, are we generally trying to
> support DOM level 2 or not?

I "believe" the answer is that we support the API's available in Java 5.
Since the recent releases of Java 5 includes DOM level 3, that that is the
version we support.     That's probably why I closed it as invalid as it would
work fine with the DOM API's built into the JDK.

That said, any patches to support DOM level 2 would be accepted.   It's just
not something that's worth spending a lot of time (IMO) trying to setup a test
infrastructure and such to find any/all the use cases of level 3 methods since
we require Java 5.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org

Re: NoSuchMethodError: org.w3c.dom.Document.setXmlStandalone

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by nicolas de loof <ni...@apache.org>.