Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Alexander Petri <al...@gmx.de> on 2008/02/26 09:17:59 UTC

best practice for own repository

Hi,

i'm very new to maven2.

I have a question about "private" libraries which I would use in my
projects. The problem is how to bind them in maven.

Are there any suggestions to do that?

thanks

RE: best practice for own repository

Posted by ni...@planet.nl.
Take a look at Archiva or Artifactory. That way you can run your own repositories. Deploy releases and snapshots in seperate inhouse repositories. Deploy third party libraries that are for the moment not on central into a third party repository. Will also mirror central for your development team, so not everyone have to get libraries from over the internet, but they are mirrored. (Or "mirror" central without the real mirroring to control what libraries your development team are allowed to use.)

Hth,

Nick Stolwijk