Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Eric Roberts <ow...@threeravensconsulting.com> on 2008/10/20 18:18:37 UTC

test

This is a test...are my posts showing up here, I am not seeing them or
posts, is there a way to turn that on?  Thanks.

Eric

RE: test

Posted by Jan Hendrik <li...@gmail.com>.
Concerning RE: test
Eric Roberts wrote on 23 Oct 2008, 15:09, at least in part:

> Yes...it's the google apps mail...the one that uses your domain
> instead of the gmail or google mail domain name in the email addy.
> Hmm...I will have to see if they have a setting or anything like
> that...or at least chew on their ear about it.

Likely you will be out of luck.  From folks on a list I really would
care about getting copies of my own postings (and use a different
account anyway) I know they operate with two Gmail addresses
subscribed to the respective list:  one just to receive all postings,
while the other (the one they want to see as address in their
postings) is only used for posting, while set to "NOMAIL" in the
list's options.  That list is operated on Listserv, I have no idea if the
SVN lists allow for any setting beyond un/subscribing.

Jan Hendrik
---------------------------------------
Freedom quote:

     One's philosophy is not best expressed in words;
     it is expressed in the choices one makes ...
     and the choices we make are ultimately our responsibility.
               -- Eleanor Roosevelt

RE: test

Posted by Jan Hendrik <li...@gmail.com>.
Concerning RE: test
Eric Roberts wrote on 23 Oct 2008, 11:45, at least in part:

> I find it really annoying that my posts do not appear to me, giving me
> the impression that they are not making it to the list at all if no
> one responds to them.  They need to have a switch for that so that if
> you don't want to see your emails you can have it like that, but if
> you want to make sure they are getting posted, you can do that.

Eric,
I haven't checked all the headers of your posting (which might be
mangled by the mailserver anyway), but are you actually sending
your mail to the list through a gmail/gigglemail.com account?  Then
Google tries to be smart and silently deletes all your own
messages coming from the list server (and I think several kinds of
error/reject/return messages, too).  FWIW I never see any of my
postings when posting with this gmail address.

Jan Hendrik
---------------------------------------
Freedom quote:

     Personal liberty is the paramount essential
     to human dignity and human happiness.
               -- Edward G. Bulwer-Lytton (1803-1873)

Re: test

Posted by Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 12:45, Eric Roberts
<ow...@threeravensconsulting.com> wrote:
> Thanks...one would think that with a different subject it would just start a
> new subject rather than a new thread in an existing subject.  I guess that
> is the downside of using a mailing list.

Some mail clients thread based on subject. Others do it based on the
In-Reply-To SMTP header. Others (I'm guessing) use a combination.

> I get my mails in Outlook, so I am not reading them in a threaded manner...I
> read them sequentially.

Outlook doesn't offer a threaded view, or is its threaded view broken,
or do you just choose not to use it?

Re: test

Posted by Blair Zajac <bl...@orcaware.com>.
Eric Roberts wrote:
> Thanks...one would think that with a different subject it would just start a
> new subject rather than a new thread in an existing subject.  I guess that
> is the downside of using a mailing list.

See

Blair

RE: test

Posted by Eric Roberts <ow...@threeravensconsulting.com>.
Thanks...one would think that with a different subject it would just start a
new subject rather than a new thread in an existing subject.  I guess that
is the downside of using a mailing list.

I find it really annoying that my posts do not appear to me, giving me the
impression that they are not making it to the list at all if no one responds
to them.  They need to have a switch for that so that if you don't want to
see your emails you can have it like that, but if you want to make sure they
are getting posted, you can do that.

I get my mails in Outlook, so I am not reading them in a threaded manner...I
read them sequentially.

Thanks for responding!

Eric

Posted by Ulrich Eckhardt <ec...@satorlaser.com>.
On Monday 20 October 2008, Eric Roberts wrote:
> This is a test...are my posts showing up here, I am not seeing them or
> posts, is there a way to turn that on?  Thanks.

Actually, you test is a failure. You didn't obey the list guidelines but
started a new thread by replying to an unrelated post. For me, your mail
appears nested inside an unrelated thread, maybe that's the case for you,
too? At least that would appear that you can't easily find the mail.

Other than that, I can see you mails just fine, e.g. there were three on
Saturday.

Uli

Sator Laser GmbH

RE: test

Posted by "Bottomley, Peter" <PB...@t-tales.com>.
Yes they are. Messages take a while to be viewable usually as I assume
they are being sent to quite a few people.

I use "Reply to all" to send messages back to the op and the
users@subversion.tigris.org address.

Pete.

This is a test...are my posts showing up here, I am not seeing them or
own