Posted to dev@usergrid.apache.org by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com> on 2014/09/13 13:07:24 UTC

[DISCUSS] Defining a roadmap towards graduation

Hi folks,
This thread represents my/our initial effort to get Usergrid out of the
Incubator and standing on its own two feet... or atleast a discussion
thereof.
I would like to see Usergrid graduate ASAP. My justififcation is as
follows: Our last report looked as follows
'''
  1. Obtain Usergrid release 1.0
  2. Resolve relationship with Apache in general
  3. Continue to grow community
'''

Essentially we have resolved all three. We've released, we have made waves
within the Incubator community with our 1.0 release. We have engaged with,
addressed and resolved issues with the Incubator community (personal KARMA
to @snoopdave). We've grown the community by displaying that we can, and
continue to add committers and PMC members.
You guys are doing a starling job by putting on the weekly Usergrid
distributed meetup's. Usergrid was discussed at this weeks Cassandra Summit
as a leading example of how to do multi tenancy within Cassandra. I think
the project and most importantly , the community is in a strong position to
put forward a proposal to graduate.

Thanks
Lewis