Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Joey Ma <ma...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/20 08:09:39 UTC

how to classify the search results by an indexed field with lucene?

Hi all,

I use lucene as the indexer in nutch 1.2. I want to get the classified
search results by an indexed field, for example to show the hit count
distributions of different months in a year.

I found that in lucene 2.* this could be achieved by the
QueryFilter().bit(IndexReader) method and calculate the hit count for each
category. But in lucene 3.*, the class of QueryFilter has been removed and I
couldn't find the equivalent of that method.

Could anyone tell me how to make this achievement effectively? Thanks very
much.

Regards,
Joey

Re: how to classify the search results by an indexed field with lucene?

Posted by lewis john mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
to give a short answer to your question the answer is I don't know. Many of
us are not using Lucene as the indexing machanism. I think as this is
specifically linked to Lucene you would be better asking there.

try the user list

--
*Lewis*

Re: how to classify the search results by an indexed field with lucene?

Posted by Joey <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,