Posted to users@camel.apache.org by bvahdat <ba...@swissonline.ch> on 2011/09/15 15:50:57 UTC

'mvn eclipse:clean eclipse:eclipse' not being happy with ${jetty-version}

Hi,

Neither Camel build POM [1] does define a value for 'jetty-version' nor it's
parent org.apache:apache:9 so that running the eclipse plugin comes up with
the warnings like:

[WARNING] The POM for
org.mortbay.jetty:jetty-maven-plugin:jar:${jetty-version} is missing, no
dependency information available
[WARNING] Failed to retrieve plugin descriptor for
org.mortbay.jetty:jetty-maven-plugin:${jetty-version}: Plugin
org.mortbay.jetty:jetty-maven-plugin:${jetty-ve
rsion} or one of its dependencies could not be resolved: Failed to read
artifact descriptor for
org.mortbay.jetty:jetty-maven-plugin:jar:${jetty-version}

And on my local respository maven creates a directory like this:
http://camel.465427.n5.nabble.com/file/n4806907/maven.jpg maven.jpg

Shouldn't be an entry like the following in [1]

    <jetty-version>7.4.5.v20110725</jetty-version>

And what also really puzzles me is that looking at the svn history of [1]
the plugin entry:

        <plugin>
          <groupId>org.mortbay.jetty</groupId>
          <artifactId>jetty-maven-plugin</artifactId>
          <version>${jetty-version}</version>
        </plugin>

was *always* there since ages without any definition of the jetty-version
property, however I hadn't have any issue with it on trunk until couple of
days ago! Or maybe I didn't realize it, no idea...

Regards, Babak

[1] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/camel/trunk/pom.xml

Re: 'mvn eclipse:clean eclipse:eclipse' not being happy with ${jetty-version}

Posted by bvahdat <ba...@swissonline.ch>.
Hi Daniel,

that was EXACTLY the fix I was looking for since weeks... No wonder that now
maven is happy like me as well ...

Thanks alot
Regards, Babak

Re: 'mvn eclipse:clean eclipse:eclipse' not being happy with ${jetty-version}

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Monday, October 03, 2011 6:09:55 AM bvahdat wrote:
> Hi,
>
> One more try in the hope that I get some echo if I'm wrong or if I'm the
> only one having this "jetty-version" issue by "Camel build POM".
>
> I would really appreciate all kinds of advices.

Can you try now?   I just moved the plugin config for the jetty plugin to the
parent pom (where the version is defined).  That should eliminate that.

Dan

> Regards, Babak

Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org
http://dankulp.com/blog
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: 'mvn eclipse:clean eclipse:eclipse' not being happy with ${jetty-version}

Posted by bvahdat <ba...@swissonline.ch>.
Hi,

I would really appreciate any update on this issue, as it's still not
resolved on the 'Camel build POM' itself:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/camel/trunk/pom.xml

Indeed the fix Claus did for the buildingtools module resolved the problem
for this module itself:

However the problem insist on 'Camel build POM'. IMHO I have already
mentioned two possible solutions I could think of in this thread. Please
note that it's not only maven-eclipse-plugin having a problem with this
unresolvable dependency but for example the maven-dependency-plugin also,
see the end of the maven output below (I use maven 3.0.3 on windows):

$> mvn dependency:tree
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO]
[INFO] Reactor Build Order:
[INFO]
[INFO] Camel
[INFO] Camel :: Parent
[INFO] Apache :: Camel Buildtools
[INFO] Camel :: Core
[INFO] Camel :: Core XML
[INFO] Camel :: Core OSGi
[INFO] Camel :: Spring
[INFO] Camel :: Test
[INFO] Camel :: TestNG
[INFO] Camel :: Blueprint
[INFO] Camel :: JUEL
[INFO] Camel :: BAM
[INFO] Camel :: Groovy
[INFO] Camel :: JXPath
[INFO] Camel :: Velocity
[INFO] Camel :: Scala
[INFO] Camel :: HTTP
[INFO] Camel :: HTTP4 (HttpClient 4.x)
[INFO] Camel :: Jetty
[INFO] Camel :: CXF :: Transport
[INFO] Camel :: CXF
[INFO] Camel :: Components
[INFO] Camel :: Web
[INFO] Camel :: Web :: Standalone
[INFO] Camel :: JMS
[INFO] Camel :: AHC
[INFO] Camel :: AMQP
[INFO] Camel :: APNS
[INFO] Camel :: Atom
[INFO] Camel :: AWS
[INFO] Camel :: Bean validator
[INFO] Camel :: Bindy
[INFO] Camel :: Cache
[INFO] Camel :: Castor
[INFO] Camel :: Stream
[INFO] Camel :: Cometd
[INFO] Camel :: Context
[INFO] Camel :: Crypto
[INFO] Camel :: CSV
[INFO] Camel :: DNS
[INFO] Camel :: Dozer
[INFO] Camel :: Eclipse
[INFO] Camel :: EJB
[INFO] Camel :: Event Admin
[INFO] Camel :: Exec
[INFO] Camel :: FlatPack
[INFO] Camel :: Freemarker
[INFO] Camel :: FTP
[INFO] Camel :: Servlet
[INFO] Camel :: GAE
[INFO] Camel :: Guice
[INFO] Camel :: HawtDB
[INFO] Camel :: HazelCast
[INFO] Camel :: HDFS
[INFO] Camel :: MINA
[INFO] Camel :: HL7
[INFO] Camel :: iBatis
[INFO] Camel :: IRC
[INFO] Camel :: Jackson
[INFO] Camel :: Javaspace
[INFO] Camel :: Spring JavaConfig
[INFO] Camel :: JAXB
[INFO] Camel :: Jasypt
[INFO] Camel :: JClouds
[INFO] Camel :: JCR
[INFO] Camel :: JDBC
[INFO] Camel :: Jibx
[INFO] Camel :: Jing
[INFO] Camel :: JMX
[INFO] Camel :: JoSQL
[INFO] Camel :: JPA
[INFO] Camel :: Java Toolbox for AS/400
[INFO] Camel :: Kestrel
[INFO] Camel :: LDAP
[INFO] Camel :: Lucene
[INFO] Camel :: Mail
[INFO] Camel :: MSV
[INFO] Camel :: MVEL
[INFO] Camel :: MyBatis
[INFO] Camel :: Nagios
[INFO] Camel :: Netty
[INFO] Camel :: OGNL
[INFO] Camel :: Pax Logging
[INFO] Camel :: Printer
[INFO] Camel :: Protobuf
[INFO] Camel :: Quartz
[INFO] Camel :: QuickFIX/J
[INFO] Camel :: Restlet
[INFO] Camel :: RMI
[INFO] Camel :: Routebox
[INFO] Camel :: Ruby
[INFO] Camel :: RSS
[INFO] Camel :: SAXON
[INFO] Camel :: Script
[INFO] Camel :: Shiro
[INFO] Camel :: SIP
[INFO] Camel :: SMPP
[INFO] Camel :: SNMP
[INFO] Camel :: SOAP
[INFO] Camel :: Spring Integration
[INFO] Camel :: Spring Security
[INFO] Camel :: Spring Web Services
[INFO] Camel :: SQL
[INFO] Camel :: StringTemplate
[INFO] Camel :: Syslog
[INFO] Camel :: TagSoup
[INFO] Camel :: XMLBeans
[INFO] Camel :: XML Security
[INFO] Camel :: XMPP
[INFO] Camel :: XStream
[INFO] Camel :: Zookeeper
[INFO] Camel :: Platforms
[INFO] Camel :: Platforms :: Apache Karaf
[INFO] Camel :: Platforms :: Apache Karaf :: Commands
[INFO] Camel :: Platforms :: Apache Karaf :: Features
[INFO] Camel :: Maven Plugins
[INFO] Camel :: Maven Camel Plugin
[INFO] Camel :: Maven Guice Plugin
[INFO] Camel :: Html to Pdf Plugin
[INFO] Camel :: Archetypes
[INFO] Camel :: Archetypes :: Camel Router with ActiveMQ
[INFO] Camel :: Archetypes :: Blueprint (OSGi) Based Router
[INFO] Camel :: Archetypes :: Component
[INFO] Camel :: Archetypes :: Router
[INFO] Camel :: Archetypes :: Scala Router
[INFO] Camel :: Archetypes :: Spring XML Based Router
[INFO] Camel :: Archetypes :: Spring DM (OSGi) Based Router
[INFO] Camel :: Archetypes :: Camel Routes WAR
[INFO] Camel :: Archetypes :: Camel Router with web console
[INFO] Camel :: Manual
[INFO] Camel :: Tooling
[INFO] Camel :: Tests Bundles
[INFO] Camel :: Test Bundles: mock-javamail-1.7
[INFO] Camel :: Integration Tests :: Standalone
[INFO] Camel :: Integration Tests
[INFO] Camel :: Partial Classpath Tests
[INFO] Camel :: TypeConverter Scan Tests
[INFO] Camel :: OSGi Integration Tests
[INFO] Camel :: Tests
[INFO] Camel :: Examples
[INFO] Camel :: Example :: Aggregate
[INFO] Camel :: Example :: BAM
[INFO] Camel :: Example :: Cafe
[INFO] Camel :: Example :: CXF
[INFO] Camel :: Example :: CXF :: Blueprint
[INFO] Camel :: Example :: CXF :: OSGI
[INFO] Camel :: Example :: CXF Proxy
[INFO] Camel :: Example :: CXF Tomcat
[INFO] Camel :: Example :: Docs
[INFO] Camel :: Example :: ETL
[INFO] Camel :: Example :: GAE
[INFO] Camel :: Example :: GAuth
[INFO] Camel :: Example :: Guice :: JMS
[INFO] Camel :: Example :: JMX
[INFO] Camel :: Example :: JMS-File
[INFO] Camel :: Example :: Loadbalancer camel-mina
[INFO] Camel :: Example :: Loan-Broker
[INFO] Camel :: Example :: Management
[INFO] Camel :: Example :: OSGi
[INFO] Camel :: Example :: OSGi RMI
[INFO] Camel :: Example :: POJO Messaging
[INFO] Camel :: Example :: Report Incident
[INFO] Camel :: Example :: Report Incident :: WS-Security
[INFO] Camel :: Example :: Route :: Throttling
[INFO] Camel :: Example :: Servlet Tomcat
[INFO] Camel :: Example :: Simple Jira Bot
[INFO] Camel :: Example :: Simple Jira Bot :: Java DSL
[INFO] Camel :: Example :: Simple Jira Bot :: XML Configuration
[INFO] Camel :: Example :: Spring
[INFO] Camel :: Example :: Spring :: JavaConfig
[INFO] Camel :: Example :: Spring :: JMS
[INFO] Camel :: Example :: Spring Web Services
[INFO] Camel :: Example :: Spring :: XQuery
[INFO] Camel :: Example :: Spring Security
[INFO] Camel :: Example :: Tracer
[INFO] Camel :: Assembly
[WARNING] The POM for
org.mortbay.jetty:jetty-maven-plugin:jar:${jetty-version} is missing, no
dependency information available
[WARNING] Failed to retrieve plugin descriptor for
org.mortbay.jetty:jetty-maven-plugin:${jetty-version}: Plugin
org.mortbay.jetty:jetty-maven-plugin:${jetty-version} or one of its

Posted by bvahdat <ba...@swissonline.ch>.
Hi Willem,

O.K. I see, the version value has so to say just a sympolic value, and just
effect how the tools display that dependency like here:

http://hobione.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/listofdependency.jpg

Nevertheless I would also set it to 1.6 or 1.6.0 to avoid any
misunderstanding for the dummy camel users like me.

But more important to me currently is the jetty-version issue...

Regards, Babak

Re: 'mvn eclipse:clean eclipse:eclipse' not being happy with ${jetty-version}

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
The version of com.sun:tool is not take any effect , it just dependent
on your JDK which is set by the  java home.

On Fri Sep 16 02:26:26 2011, bvahdat wrote:
> Dear Claus,
>
> thanks for the fix which indeed suppressed the unresolvable dependency on
> the buildingtools module itself. however the problem still insists on the
> 'Camel build POM' module itself:
>
> c:\dev\workspace\camel>mvn dependency:tree
> [WARNING] The POM for
> org.mortbay.jetty:jetty-maven-plugin:jar:${jetty-version} is missing, no
> dependency information available
> [WARNING] Failed to retrieve plugin descriptor for
> org.mortbay.jetty:jetty-maven-plugin:${jetty-version}: Plugin
> org.mortbay.jetty:jetty-maven-plugin:${jetty-ve
> rsion} or one of its dependencies could not be resolved: Failed to read
> artifact descriptor for
> org.mortbay.jetty:jetty-maven-plugin:jar:${jetty-version}
>
> IMHO either a<jetty-version>  property is required there to resolve the
> dependecy to org.mortbay.jetty:jetty-maven-plugin:${jetty-version} correctly
> or the dependency could also be removed completely, as there's no usage of
> it there at all at the *level* of 'Camel build POM's module.
>
> Other than that as the JDK 5 support has already been dropped I think the
> following dependency in this pom should also be upgraded to 1.6.0 instead of
> 1.5.0:
>
>                          <dependency>
>                            <groupId>com.sun</groupId>
>                            <artifactId>tools</artifactId>
>                            <version>1.5.0</version>
>                            <scope>system</scope>
>
> <systemPath>${java.home}/../lib/tools.jar</systemPath>
>                          </dependency>
>
> Or am I wrong?
>
> Regards, Babak

Willem
----------------------------------
FuseSource
Web: http://www.fusesource.com
         http://jnn.javaeye.com (Chinese)
Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: willemjiang

Re: 'mvn eclipse:clean eclipse:eclipse' not being happy with ${jetty-version}

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

I have fixed this on trunk.

On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 4:51 PM, bvahdat <ba...@swissonline.ch> wrote:
> Hi Andreas,
>
> That's indeed true, and that's why no problem occurs concerning
> jetty-version property on other modules having parent/pom.xml as the parent
> (either directly or indirectly) like the camel-web module.
>
> However having that jetty-version definition in parent/pom.xml doesn't help
> on the problem existing in Camel build POM I mentioned by my previous post.
> Please note that Camel build POM's parent is org.apache:apache:9, that's
>
> http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/apache/9/apache-9.pom
>
> So it has no idea of that jetty-version property in parent/pom.xml, right?
>
> If you're also an eclipse user as well, could you please confirm if you have
> the same problem with eclipse plugin like me. Just as a quick check could
> you please go to
>
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/camel/trunk/buildingtools
>
> on you local trunk copy and do a:
>
> mvn eclipse:eclipse
>
> Don't you see any warnings?
>
> Regards, Babak
> PS: I use maven 3.0.3 on windows

Claus Ibsen
-----------------
FuseSource
Email: cibsen@fusesource.com
Web: http://fusesource.com
Twitter: davsclaus, fusenews
Blog: http://davsclaus.blogspot.com/

Re: 'mvn eclipse:clean eclipse:eclipse' not being happy with ${jetty-version}

Posted by Andreas Kuhtz <an...@atos.net>.
Hi,

It's defined in parent/pom.xml ...

Cheers