Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Dan White <dw...@olp.net> on 2008/07/30 05:39:04 UTC

Authentication with the Ajax Connector

I'd like to experiment with adding authentication functionality
to the Ajax connector, and would like some advice. An idea I have
is to try the following:

Add a connect/login method to the javascript code
Authenticate the user with a ConnectionInfo instance in the Ajax
servlet (as seen in the stomp connector)
Stash the username in the JSESSION HTTP session on successful
authentication
Reference the stashed username on each subsequent subscribe and
send operation

Is this approach feasible, an if so, how would one access the
HTTP session information from within the REST/AJAX code?

Thanks,
- Dan