Posted to dev@arrow.apache.org by Antoine Pitrou <so...@pitrou.net> on 2019/08/19 17:13:04 UTC

[C++] Naming changes merged

Hello,

In https://github.com/apache/arrow/pull/5069 I've merged the naming
changes previously discussed.  In short:
- always use underscores in C++ source file names
- always use underscores in .so / .a file names
- always use hyphens in executable file names
- always use hyphens in pkgconfig file names

Hopefully this will not create too many spurious conflicts in other
Pull Requests.  Also, you may find it useful to recreate your CMake
build directories locally, if any problems arise.

Regards

Antoine.

Re: [C++] Naming changes merged

Posted by Wes McKinney <we...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for doing this! Perhaps we should document these conventions in
developer/cpp.rst in the Sphinx project