Posted to users@buildr.apache.org by Sten Roger Sandvik <sr...@x3m.com> on 2009/11/04 17:55:14 UTC

Package type :bundle

Hi.

I am looking into how to create similar functionality as the Felix Maven
Bundle plugin for OSGi projects. It would be nice if the package task could
recogize :bundle type and use ant bnd task in the background. Is it possible
to extend package module in this way?

/srs

Re: Package type :bundle

Posted by Antoine Toulme <an...@lunar-ocean.com>.
I apologize for the lack of doc or not providing enough samples for this
plugin. It's a work in progress and we reached 0.9.2 only. So while I feel
we are pretty stable, not everything is finished or polished yet. Btw, the
website contains a few nuggets (albeit incomplete of knowledge) here:
http://intalio.github.com/buildr4osgi/index.html

You can look here how we do it for the BPMN modeler:
http://dev.eclipse.org/svnroot/stp/org.eclipse.stp.bpmn-modeler/org.eclipse.stp.bpmn/trunk/buildfile

You first write a Buildfile as the one linked above, then you use the osgi
resolve dependencies task to fill this file:
http://dev.eclipse.org/svnroot/stp/org.eclipse.stp.bpmn-modeler/org.eclipse.stp.bpmn/trunk/dependencies.yml

buildr osgi:resolve:dependencies OSGi="/users/antoine/eclipse"

That's about it, if you have more questions, you can use the buildr4osgi
mailing list:
http://groups.google.com/group/buildr4osgi

Thanks for your interest!

Antoine

Re: Package type :bundle

Posted by Sten Roger Sandvik <sr...@x3m.com>.

Re: Package type :bundle

Posted by Sten Roger Sandvik <sr...@x3m.com>.
Thanks! This is exactly what I need. Beginning to love buildr! :-)

Re: Package type :bundle

Posted by Greg Lucas <gr...@gmail.com>.

--
Greg Lucas

Re: Package type :bundle

Posted by Rhett Sutphin <rh...@detailedbalance.net>.
Hi Sten,

On Nov 4, 2009, at 2:30 PM, Sten Roger Sandvik wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 8:21 PM, Greg Lucas <gr...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I wrote a simple FileTask to do just that: use the bnd ant task to
>> produce
>> a bundle from a bnd file plus a hash of properties. This allows you
>> to do
>> something like:
>>
>> package(:bundle).tap do |bnd|
>>   bnd.bnd_file => 'conf/foo.bnd'
>>   bnd.classpath => artifacts(...)
>>   bnd.properties['foo'] => 'bar'
>> end
>>
>> I'm new to ruby and buildr but it works fine - happy to contribute
>> this
>> somewhere if it'll be useful. I did look at buildr4osgi but didn't
>> quite see
>> how to achieve the same results, possibly because I was already
>> familiar
>> with bnd and the maven bundle plugin. I guess I need to take a
>> closer look!
>>

> This looks interesting. Can you attach the code somewhere? Would
> love to
> look at this. I also looked at buildr4osgi, but I did not get the
> feel of
> it.

I have a similar extension here:

https://ncisvn.nci.nih.gov/svn/psc/trunk/tasks/bnd.rake

It doesn't set up a new bundle package type (that is a good idea) --
it just extends the jar package type to re-package the normal buildr-
built jars with bnd.

Repackaging it as a gem is on my todo list, but not very high up.

Rhett

Re: Package type :bundle

Posted by Sten Roger Sandvik <sr...@x3m.com>.

Re: Package type :bundle

Posted by Greg Lucas <gr...@gmail.com>.
I wrote a simple FileTask to do just that: use the bnd ant task to produce
a bundle from a bnd file plus a hash of properties. This allows you to do
something like:

   package(:bundle).tap do |bnd|
     bnd.bnd_file => 'conf/foo.bnd'
     bnd.classpath => artifacts(...)
     bnd.properties['foo'] => 'bar'
   end

I'm new to ruby and buildr but it works fine - happy to contribute this
somewhere if it'll be useful. I did look at buildr4osgi but didn't quite
see how to achieve the same results, possibly because I was already
familiar with bnd and the maven bundle plugin. I guess I need to take a
closer look!

~Greg

Re: Package type :bundle

Posted by Antoine Toulme <an...@lunar-ocean.com>.

Re: Broken Link on Contribute page

Posted by Daniel Spiewak <dj...@gmail.com>.
I think that Peter Cooper (Ruby Inside) has a mirror for most of why_'s
documentation.  I know he at least has the poignant guide to Ruby.

Daniel

Posted by Uwe Schirmer <uw...@schirmer.org>.

Posted by Mat Schaffer <ma...@schaffer.me>.

Posted by Daniel Spiewak <dj...@gmail.com>.
This would be a symptom of why_the_lucky_stiff's departure from...the
universe.  We should probably pick a different textile reference to link to