Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Beppe Costagliola <be...@yahoo.it> on 2005/08/02 16:00:19 UTC

HPSF question

I'm trying to set the PID_COMPANY with:

 s.setProperty(PropertyIDMap.PID_COMPANY, Variant.VT_LPSTR,
                          "My Company");

but the Number of Words property is set instead.

Thanks for help.
Beppe.

Re: HPSF question

Posted by Rainer Klute <kl...@rainer-klute.de>.
Am Dienstag, den 02.08.2005, 16:00 +0200 schrieb Beppe Costagliola:
> I'm trying to set the PID_COMPANY with:
>
>  s.setProperty(PropertyIDMap.PID_COMPANY, Variant.VT_LPSTR,
>                           "My Company");
>
> but the Number of Words property is set instead.

You are obviously setting the property of the summary information
stream. However, for setting the company name you must use the
*document* summary information stream. PropertyIDMap.PID_COMPANY and
PropertyIDMap.PID_WORDCOUNT happen to have the same numeric value but
they refer to different types of property sets.

Best regards
Rainer Klute

                           Rainer Klute IT-Consulting GmbH
  Dipl.-Inform.
  Rainer Klute             E-Mail:  klute@rainer-klute.de
  Körner Grund 24          Telefon: +49 172 2324824
D-44143 Dortmund           Telefax: +49 231 5349423

Public key fingerprint: E4E4386515EE0BED5C162FBB5343461584B5A42E

European Parliament rejects software patent bill: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4655955.stm