Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Lehtonen, Mika" <mi...@digikartta.net> on 2008/08/13 09:16:50 UTC

First steps with Cocoon 2.2

Hello all,

maybe you should have beginners list as for questions/problems like
mine. :-[

I finally put myself together and started to get familiar with Cocoon
2.2. I am totally 'out and cold' what comes to the Maven and many other
concepts with 2.2. So I started with "Your first Cocoon application with
Maven 2". Everything went as expected until I tried to run 'mvn
jetty:run'. At first, it downloaded a lot of different stuff, but then
there was some error. How can I capture the stacktrace?
I also tried 'mvn cocoon:prepare', but I got this:

[root@zetor munBlokki]# mvn cocoon:prepare
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] Searching repository for plugin with prefix: 'cocoon'.
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-cocoon-plugin' does
not exist or no valid version could be found
[INFO]
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: 1 second
[INFO] Finished at: Wed Aug 13 10:03:02 EEST 2008
[INFO] Final Memory: 8M/62M
[INFO]

Re: First steps with Cocoon 2.2

Posted by Reinhard Pötz <re...@apache.org>.
Lehtonen, Mika wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> maybe you should have beginners list as for questions/problems like
> mine. :-[
>
> I finally put myself together and started to get familiar with Cocoon
> 2.2. I am totally 'out and cold' what comes to the Maven and many other
> concepts with 2.2. So I started with "Your first Cocoon application with
> Maven 2". Everything went as expected until I tried to run 'mvn
> jetty:run'. At first, it downloaded a lot of different stuff, but then
> there was some error. How can I capture the stacktrace?
> I also tried 'mvn cocoon:prepare', but I got this:
>
> [root@zetor munBlokki]# mvn cocoon:prepare
> [INFO] Scanning for projects...
> [INFO] Searching repository for plugin with prefix: 'cocoon'.
> [INFO]
> [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
> [INFO]
> [INFO] The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-cocoon-plugin' does
> not exist or no valid version could be found
> [INFO]
> [INFO]
> [INFO] Total time: 1 second
> [INFO] Finished at: Wed Aug 13 10:03:02 EEST 2008
> [INFO] Final Memory: 8M/62M
> [INFO]
>
> What's wrong with my configuration? Maven is 2.0.9. Should I edit the
> pom.xml somehow?

Are you sure that you invoked mvn cocoon:prepare from the right
directory? (You have to be in the directory of our custom block.)

Re: First steps with Cocoon 2.2

Posted by Ken Starks <ke...@lampsacos.demon.co.uk>.
Reinhard Pötz wrote:
> Ken Starks wrote:
>> Lehtonen, Mika wrote:
>>> Hello all,
>>>
>>> maybe you should have beginners list as for questions/problems like
>>> mine. :-[
>>>
>>> <snip>
>>>
>> A beginners' list doesn't seem a good idea to me, for two reasons:
>>  1. The experts might not take it as seriously, and their
>> contributions are vital.
>>  2. The current list doesn't have enough traffic to justify splitting.
>>
>> If you think the list _does_ already have too much traffic, I would
>> suggest cutting
>> out the auto-generated messages from Daisy.
>
> What "auto-generated messages" by Daisy are you referring to? The
> Daisy notifications are sent to docs@cocoon.apache.org, or do I miss
> something?

Ah! ( and sorry ! )

I must be subscribed to the docs list. It will be my newsreader filters
that sends them to the same folder
on my machine as cocoon users. obviously I forgot I did that.

Re: First steps with Cocoon 2.2

Posted by Reinhard Pötz <re...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Lehtonen, Mika" <mi...@digikartta.net>.
No no,
don't take it too seriously. I was mainly joking. The minor part that
wasn't so much a joke concerns the fact that there seems to be
occasionaly big differences between the qualifications of mail list
users. Some seem to be quite experts as some like me, are just starting
to learn. Never mind the beginners list idea. Amount of traffic is
tolerable.

Thanks,
mika

Posted by Ken Starks <ke...@lampsacos.demon.co.uk>.

Posted by "Lehtonen, Mika" <mi...@digikartta.net>.
Yep,
you nailed it! I had two typos ('/http//cocoon.apache.org'). I so ashamed...
- mika -

Posted by Ken Starks <ke...@lampsacos.demon.co.uk>.

Posted by "Lehtonen, Mika" <mi...@digikartta.net>.
Hi again,

Posted by "Lehtonen, Mika" <mi...@digikartta.net>.
Ok,

Posted by Jeroen Reijn <j....@onehippo.com>.
Hi Mika,

Posted by Ken Starks <ke...@lampsacos.demon.co.uk>.
Lehtonen, Mika wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> maybe you should have beginners list as for questions/problems like
> mine. :-[
>
> I finally put myself together and started to get familiar with Cocoon
> 2.2. I am totally 'out and cold' what comes to the Maven and many
> other concepts with 2.2. So I started with "Your first Cocoon
> application with Maven 2". Everything went as expected until I tried
> to run 'mvn jetty:run'. At first, it downloaded a lot of different
> stuff, but then there was some error. How can I capture the stacktrace?
> <snip>

run the command again, but redirect the output to a text file:

mvn jetty:run > somefile.txt