Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Hadrian Zbarcea <hz...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/02 03:30:01 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Camel 2.9.0-RC1 (lucky 3rd)

A new release candidate apache-camel-2.9.0-RC1 is out with approximately
305 issues resolved so far: improvements and bug fixes [1].

Please find the staging repo here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecamel-137/

The tarballs are here
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecamel-137/org/apache/camel/apache-camel/2.9.0-RC1/

Tag:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/camel/tags/camel-2.9.0-RC1/

Please review, help out with testing and vote to approve this release
binary. Your vote counts!

[ ] +1 Release the binary as Apache Camel 2.9.0-RC1
Vote is open for at least 72 hours.

Here's my +1
Hadrian

[1]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311211&version=12316374

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Camel 2.9.0-RC1 (lucky 3rd)

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
+1 to remove it for the kit, but we may need to upload the generated
pdf by hand.

--
Willem
----------------------------------

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Camel 2.9.0-RC1 (lucky 3rd)

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 1:10 PM, James Strachan <ja...@fusesource.com> wrote:
> Maybe just exclude the file for now then?

Yeah IMHO people can download the manual from the web site if they want it.
It also cuts 2-3mb of the dist size without the manual.

> On 3 November 2011 12:07, Hadrian Zbarcea <hz...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Yes, it always is. Something that doesn't work with the mvn release: goals,
>> that started a bit more than a year ago I believe after the upgrade. It
>> works with mvn install though, so I did it manually in the past releases.
>> There is an open jira for it assigned to me that was a moving target for a
>> while now. With a workaround available, not a high priority for me. James,
>> contributions highly appreciated :).
>>
>> Hadrian
>>

>> On 11/03/2011 07:43 AM, James Strachan wrote:
>>>
>>> The manual seems borked - it contains:
>>> Download of http://camel.apache.org/book-in-one-page.html failed

> --
> James
> -------
> FuseSource
> Email: james@fusesource.com
> Web: http://fusesource.com
> Twitter: jstrachan, fusenews
> Blog: http://macstrac.blogspot.com/
>
> Open Source Integration and Messaging

--
Claus Ibsen
-----------------
FuseSource
Email: cibsen@fusesource.com
Web: http://fusesource.com
Twitter: davsclaus, fusenews
Blog: http://davsclaus.blogspot.com/

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Camel 2.9.0-RC1 (lucky 3rd)

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@fusesource.com>.

Posted by Hadrian Zbarcea <hz...@gmail.com>.

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@fusesource.com>.

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
+1

Christian

Am 02.11.2011 03:30, schrieb Hadrian Zbarcea:
> A new release candidate apache-camel-2.9.0-RC1 is out with
> approximately 305 issues resolved so far: improvements and bug fixes [1].
>
> Please find the staging repo here:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecamel-137/
>
> The tarballs are here
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecamel-137/org/apache/camel/apache-camel/2.9.0-RC1/
>

> Tag:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/camel/tags/camel-2.9.0-RC1/
>
> Please review, help out with testing and vote to approve this release
> binary. Your vote counts!
>
> [ ] +1 Release the binary as Apache Camel 2.9.0-RC1
> Vote is open for at least 72 hours.
>
> Here's my +1
> Hadrian
>
> [1]
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311211&version=12316374

--
Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Open Source Architect

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Camel 2.9.0-RC1 (lucky 3rd)

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 3:30 AM, Hadrian Zbarcea <hz...@gmail.com> wrote:
> A new release candidate apache-camel-2.9.0-RC1 is out with approximately 305
> issues resolved so far: improvements and bug fixes [1].
>
> Please find the staging repo here:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecamel-137/
>
> The tarballs are here
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecamel-137/org/apache/camel/apache-camel/2.9.0-RC1/
>
> Tag:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/camel/tags/camel-2.9.0-RC1/
>
> Please review, help out with testing and vote to approve this release
> binary. Your vote counts!
>
> [ ] +1 Release the binary as Apache Camel 2.9.0-RC1
> Vote is open for at least 72 hours.
>
> Here's my +1
> Hadrian
>
> [1]
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311211&version=12316374

There is no longer SNAPSHOT in the features.xml file.

+1

--
Claus Ibsen
-----------------

Posted by Christian Müller <ch...@gmail.com>.
+1

I run the Camel in Action Sources with the new version and only three unit
test failed. It looks like Camel 2.9.0-RC1 interprets the "+++" in the log
component:

log("+++ before database +++")

Caused by: org.apache.camel.language.simple.types.SimpleParserException:
Unary operator ++ has no left hand side token
    at
org.apache.camel.language.simple.BaseSimpleParser.prepareUnaryExpressions(BaseSimpleParser.java:181)
    at
org.apache.camel.language.simple.SimpleExpressionParser.doParseExpression(SimpleExpressionParser.java:77)
    at
org.apache.camel.language.simple.SimpleExpressionParser.parseExpression(SimpleExpressionParser.java:47)
    ... 45 more

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Camel 2.9.0-RC1 (lucky 3rd)

Posted by Jon Anstey <ja...@gmail.com>.
FYI there are no -source jars deployed in this release. Just fixed it in
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-4611 so when we go for the
final 2.9.0 version we will be all set.

--
Cheers,
Jon

Posted by Jon Anstey <ja...@gmail.com>.
Looks good. +1

Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Release Apache Camel 2.9.0-RC1

Posted by David Karlsen <da...@gmail.com>.
Good to announce and draw attention.

I just build my projects without any problems.
I was struck by stricter regex parser which was due to me missing
escaping the expression in '' - which I found at
http://camel.apache.org/camel-290-release.html so thumbs up!

David J. M. Karlsen - http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidkarlsen

Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Release Apache Camel 2.9.0-RC1

Posted by Christian Müller <ch...@gmail.com>.
+1

Sent from a mobile device

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Nov 9, 2011 at 9:48 AM, bvahdat <ba...@swissonline.ch> wrote:
> So here is my word Claus asked for (I know it's too early, sorry for that):
>
> I gave a spin test with just only one of the apps of mine, and here my 2
> cents:
>
> CamelTestSupport's context, template, consumer, etc. fields are *not* static
> anymore through the revision [1]. So using them in a static context of the
> application's unit-tests is not possible anymore (however to fix it was not
> a big deal at all). AFAIK those "do it in a static way idea" was introduced
> at the time the apache team intended to speed up unit-testing, see [2].

Thanks for the feedback. I updated the release notes with a note about
this in the API breakings sections.

> By this RC release the sources are *missing* in central repo. I assume
> something went there wrong or was it really intended?

Yeah there was a problem with a maven bundle. Its been fixed, the src
will be in the GA release.

> All in one it was a painless upgrade in my case, and I impatiently look
> forward for a final 2.9.0 release.
>
> Regards, Babak
>
> [1] http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1152039
> [2]
> http://davsclaus.blogspot.com/2011/05/faster-unit-testing-apache-camel-source.html

Claus Ibsen
-----------------

Posted by Christian Müller <ch...@gmail.com>.
Ok, great.

Sent from a mobile device

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Thanks Claus ;)

Regards
JB

On 11/12/2011 11:49 AM, Claus Ibsen wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 12, 2011 at 8:46 AM, Claus Ibsen<cl...@gmail.com>  wrote:
>> On Sat, Nov 12, 2011 at 12:12 AM, Christian Müller
>> <ch...@gmail.com>  wrote:
>>> @Hadrian: Camel 2.9.0-RC1 is out since 4 days. Is it possible for you to do
>>> the release announcement today or tomorrow? If you are to busy or
>>> traveling, what's about let Claus do the announcement?
>>>

>> Christian or anyone should definitely fell free to go forward and make
>> the announcement if you have free cycles.
>> I guess many of you are traveling home from ApacheCon now you most
>> likely don't have the time.
>> As opposed to me having free time this morning.
>>

> Okay I have send out announcements of this release.
>

>>> Best,
>>> Christian
>>>

>> --
>> Claus Ibsen
>> -----------------
>> FuseSource
>> Email: cibsen@fusesource.com
>> Web: http://fusesource.com
>> Twitter: davsclaus, fusenews
>> Blog: http://davsclaus.blogspot.com/

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Release Apache Camel 2.9.0-RC1

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.

--
Claus Ibsen
-----------------

Posted by Jon Anstey <ja...@gmail.com>.
Yeah, sounds good to me. +1

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Johan Edstrom <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jon Anstey <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Hadrian Zbarcea <hz...@gmail.com>.
The vote passes with:

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi Hadrian

The vote has passed. Do you mind executing the release so its available?