Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Clemens Wyss <cl...@mysign.ch> on 2010/09/14 18:36:02 UTC

[sling explorer] Form based auth with IE to no avail :-(

Sling Explorer does form based authentication, which works fine(*) with FF,
Safari and Chrome. Unfortunately neither on IE6 nor on IE8 it works.
Debugging revealed that the POSTed form data to '/j_security_check'
is equal. Nevertheless if I gather the Sling.getSessionInfo() after
the aforementioned POST on IE I get the anonymous "credentials",
whereas on the other browsers I get the expected credentials.
What could possibly be the reason herefore?

Thx for you help/hints
-- Clemens

RE: [sling explorer] Form based auth with IE to no avail :-(

Posted by Clemens Wyss <cl...@mysign.ch>.
In order to get some more tracking data with fiddler I chnaged the URL from localhost:8080 to my notebook's host name, i.e. cws-lap:8080. Now I get a security warning from IE. Unfortunately I only have a german version and hence only  the german warning text:
Die Seite greift auf Informationen aus anderen Daten zu. Dies kann ein Sicherheitproblem darstellen. Möchten Sie den Vorgang fortsetzen?

which more or less translates to:
"The page is accessing information from other data". This could be a security issue. Would you like to proceed?

When I proceed I get a javascript error and the resource tree is not redered. I guess this is another problem (which is nonetheless to be solved, too?)

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 8:35 AM, Clemens Wyss <cl...@mysign.ch> wrote:
> looks like an IE caching issue.
> If we make the getSessionInfo-URI "unique"
> (i.e. prevent caching) it works:
> var res=Sling.httpGet(Sling.baseurl+"/system/sling/info.sessionInfo."+new Date().getTime()+".json");
>
> WDYT?

Sounds reasonable, +1 on this change.
-Bertrand

Re: [sling explorer] Form based auth with IE to no avail :-(

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 9:24 AM, Clemens Wyss <cl...@mysign.ch> wrote:
> From: Bertrand Delacretaz [mailto:bdelacretaz@apache.org]
>>(except duplicated values, why?)
> my (double copy&paste) fault
> --> Cache-Control : private, no-store, no-cache, max-age=0, must-revalidate
>
>> but I'd still add the timestamp
>> parameter as you suggested before
> really?...

Ah - I realize now that I had this backwards, I thought you were
adding headers to the request.

FWIW, I agree with the changes of SLING-1776.

-Bertrand (still jetlagged from recent travel I guess ;-)

Re: [sling explorer] Form based auth with IE to no avail :-(

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 9:24 AM, Clemens Wyss <cl...@mysign.ch> wrote:
>>(except duplicated values, why?)
> my (double copy&paste) fault
> --> Cache-Control : private, no-store, no-cache, max-age=0, must-revalidate
>
>> but I'd still add the timestamp
>> parameter as you suggested before
> really?

I'm a pragmatic guy...it's quicker to add that and be safe than test
on every browser ;-)

But if it works without it for your use cases, all the better.

-Bertrand

Re: [sling explorer] Form based auth with IE to no avail :-(

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Bertrand Delacretaz  wrote
> On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 8:47 AM, Clemens Wyss <cl...@mysign.ch> wrote:
>> after a f2f discussion with mike I see reason that
>> we'd better add the appropriate cache header to
>> /system/sling/info.sessionInfo, appropriate being:
>>
>> Cache-Control : private, no-store, no-cache, max-age=0, must-revalidate, private, no-store, no-cache, max-age=0, must-revalidate
>
> Looks like the clean solution (except duplicated values, why?), but
> I'd still add the timestamp parameter as you suggested before, just to
> be on the safe side with broken browsers.

I really think we should go with the headers.

Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org

RE: [sling explorer] Form based auth with IE to no avail :-(

Posted by Clemens Wyss <cl...@mysign.ch>.
jira issue -> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-1776

Posted by Clemens Wyss <cl...@mysign.ch>.

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.

Posted by Clemens Wyss <cl...@mysign.ch>.

Posted by Clemens Wyss <cl...@mysign.ch>.

Posted by Clemens Wyss <cl...@mysign.ch>.
conclusion:
in IE the clientside/javascript Sling.getSessionInfo() is not always
executed (i.e. the http GET call to /system/sling/info.sessionInfo.json)!

Place the attached test.html on the root and

a) open it with FF inspecting the two /system/sling/info.sessionInfo.json-calls
in firebug (or fiddler)

b) open it (don't forget the '.' ;-), ie http://localhost.:8080/test.html )
 in IE inspecting the (non existent) /system/sling/info.sessionInfo.json-calls

Posted by Clemens Wyss <cl...@mysign.ch>.

Posted by Clemens Wyss <cl...@mysign.ch>.