Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by jlm <jl...@geb.uma.es> on 2001/09/19 18:00:05 UTC

Share data between pages web?

¡Hello!

I'm a student what  is constructing a web site with CGI and nothing but perl.
I have a problem, how share data between pages web?

I want some similar a object Session in ASP, but en perl.

The system of object of perl to allows?
I can make it?
I have use mod_perl?

Help me.

Thank by advanced.

PD: I'm sorry by my english.

Re: Share data between pages web?

Posted by "Ken Y. Clark" <kc...@logsoft.com>.
On Wed, 19 Sep 2001, jlm wrote:

> Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 18:00:05 +0200
> From: jlm <jl...@geb.uma.es>
> To: modperl@apache.org
> Subject: Share data between pages web?
>
> �Hello!
>
> I'm a student what  is constructing a web site with CGI and nothing but perl.
> I have a problem, how share data between pages web?

Do you know about the excellent guide?

http://perl.apache.org/guide

It sounds like you're just getting started, so it'd be best to read
some docs and books, like the Eagle book (_Writing Apache Modules in
Perl and C_).

> I want some similar a object Session in ASP, but en perl.

Do you know about Apache::ASP?  It is a pure Perl implementation of
Microsoft's ASP.

> The system of object of perl to allows?
> I can make it?
> I have use mod_perl?

Not sure what you mean here.  mod_perl is not (exactly) like CGI/Perl.
There's more to it.  Are you using mod_perl or just CGI/Perl stuff?
If you're just looking for a way to store state information between
CGI requests, then check out this older article from _The Perl
Journal_:

    Saving State with CGI.pm
    by Lincoln Stein
    Issue 2, Summer 1996