Posted to users@maven.apache.org by David Weintraub <qa...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/11 19:12:16 UTC

Need to include another assembly in another

We have two separate projects: One is a single module called DSP, and the
other is a multiple module project called adinventory. Both build
assemblies.  The adinventory project looks like this:

projects
    adplanning
    base
    jboss_init
ear   (This is where the assembly is built)
apps.war
aimwebservices.war

What we want to do is add in the dsp project into the adinventory project.
The dsp project will now have dependencies upon the adinventory project, and
we want to release everything in one big happy assembly. The new project
will look like this:

projects
   adplanning
   base
   jboss_init
   dsp
      * target
           dsp-2.1.2-SNAPSHOT-bin.tar.gz*
apps.war
aimwebservices.war
ear
   *target
      adinventory-2.1.2-SNAPSHOT.tar.gz*

What we want to do is include the dsp-2.1.2-SNAPSHOT-bin.tar.gz inside the
adinventory-2.1.2-SNAPSHOT.tar.gz assembly. DSP is an optional component of
Adinventory, and is actually installed separately from the rest of
adinventory . However, DSP will have dependencies upon the adinventory
project, and because of dependency issues, we really want them released
together as a single tarball.

How can I refer to the dsp assembly inside my ear's bin.xml assembly
definition?

--
David Weintraub
qazwart@gmail.com