Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by rajini maski <ra...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/11 11:52:55 UTC

Solr 3.3 Sorting is not working for long fields

Hi,

             I have upgraded my Solr from 1.4.1 to 3.3.Now I tried to sort
on a long field and documents are not getting sorted based on that.

Sort is working when we do sorting on facet ex:facet=on &facet.sort=studyid

But when do simple sort on documents , sort=studyid,  sort doesn't happen.
Is there any bug ?

Regards,
Rajani

Re: Solr 3.3 Sorting is not working for long fields

Posted by rajini maski <ra...@gmail.com>.
Thankyou for the responses :)

  Found that the bug was in naming convention of fields. (for tlong/long )
I had given a number character as a name of the field.
Studyid field name was - 450 , Changed it to S450 and it started working :)

Thank you all.

Regards,
Rajani

Posted by Michael Kuhlmann <ku...@solarier.de>.
Hi,

Posted by rajini maski <ra...@gmail.com>.
All

        I didnt find any mistake in the schema.. below I have psted my
schema file

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<!--
 contributor license agreements.  See the NOTICE file distributed with
 The ASF licenses this file to You under the Apache License, Version 2.0
 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with
 the License.  You may obtain a copy of the License at

 limitations under the License.
-->

<!--
 This is the Solr schema file. This file should be named "schema.xml" and
 should be in the conf directory under the solr home
 (i.e. ./solr/conf/schema.xml by default)
 or located where the classloader for the Solr webapp can find it.

 This example schema is the recommended starting point for users.
 It should be kept correct and concise, usable out-of-the-box.

 For more information, on how to customize this file, please see
 http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SchemaXml

 PERFORMANCE NOTE: this schema includes many optional features and should
not
 be used for benchmarking.  To improve performance one could
  - set stored="false" for all fields possible (esp large fields) when you
    only need to search on the field but don't need to return the original
    value.
  - set indexed="false" if you don't need to search on the field, but only
    return the field as a result of searching on other indexed fields.
  - remove all unneeded copyField statements
  - for best index size and searching performance, set "index" to false
    for all general text fields, use copyField to copy them to the
    catchall "text" field, and use that for searching.
  - For maximum indexing performance, use the StreamingUpdateSolrServer
    java client.
  - Remember to run the JVM in server mode, and use a higher logging level
    that avoids logging every request
-->

<schema name="example" version="1.4">
  <!-- attribute "name" is the name of this schema and is only used for
display purposes.
       Applications should change this to reflect the nature of the search
collection.
       version="1.4" is Solr's version number for the schema syntax and
semantics.  It should
       not normally be changed by applications.
       1.0: multiValued attribute did not exist, all fields are multiValued
by nature
       1.1: multiValued attribute introduced, false by default
       1.2: omitTermFreqAndPositions attribute introduced, true by default
except for text fields.
       1.3: removed optional field compress feature
       1.4: default auto-phrase (QueryParser feature) to off
     -->

  <types>
    <!-- field type definitions. The "name" attribute is
       just a label to be used by field definitions.  The "class"
       attribute and any other attributes determine the real
       behavior of the fieldType.
         Class names starting with "solr" refer to java classes in the
       org.apache.solr.analysis package.
    -->

    <!-- The StrField type is not analyzed, but indexed/stored verbatim. -->
    <fieldType name="string" class="solr.StrField" sortMissingLast="true"
omitNorms="true"/>

    <!-- boolean type: "true" or "false" -->
    <fieldType name="boolean" class="solr.BoolField" sortMissingLast="true"
omitNorms="true"/>
    <!--Binary data type. The data should be sent/retrieved in as Base64
encoded Strings -->
    <fieldtype name="binary" class="solr.BinaryField"/>

    <!-- The optional sortMissingLast and sortMissingFirst attributes are
         currently supported on types that are sorted internally as strings.
       This includes
"string","boolean","sint","slong","sfloat","sdouble","pdate"
       - If sortMissingLast="true", then a sort on this field will cause
documents
         without the field to come after documents with the field,
         regardless of the requested sort order (asc or desc).
       - If sortMissingFirst="true", then a sort on this field will cause
documents
         without the field to come before documents with the field,
         regardless of the requested sort order.
       - If sortMissingLast="false" and sortMissingFirst="false" (the
default),
         then default lucene sorting will be used which places docs without
the
         field first in an ascending sort and last in a descending sort.
    -->

    <!--
      Default numeric field types. For faster range queries, consider the
tint/tfloat/tlong/tdouble types.
    -->
    <fieldType name="int" class="solr.TrieIntField" precisionStep="0"
omitNorms="true" positionIncrementGap="0"/>
    <fieldType name="float" class="solr.TrieFloatField" precisionStep="0"
omitNorms="true" positionIncrementGap="0"/>
    <fieldType name="long" class="solr.TrieLongField" precisionStep="0"
omitNorms="true" positionIncrementGap="0"/>
    <fieldType name="double" class="solr.TrieDoubleField" precisionStep="0"
omitNorms="true" positionIncrementGap="0"/>

    <!--
     Numeric field types that index each value at various levels of
precision
     to accelerate range queries when the number of values between the range
     endpoints is large. See the javadoc for NumericRangeQuery for internal
     implementation details.

     Smaller precisionStep values (specified in bits) will lead to more
tokens
     indexed per value, slightly larger index size, and faster range
queries.
     A precisionStep of 0 disables indexing at different precision levels.
    -->
    <fieldType name="tint" class="solr.TrieIntField" precisionStep="8"
omitNorms="true" positionIncrementGap="0"/>
    <fieldType name="tfloat" class="solr.TrieFloatField" precisionStep="8"
omitNorms="true" positionIncrementGap="0"/>
    <fieldType name="tlong" class="solr.TrieLongField" precisionStep="8"
omitNorms="true" positionIncrementGap="0"/>
    <fieldType name="tdouble" class="solr.TrieDoubleField"
precisionStep="8" omitNorms="true" positionIncrementGap="0"/>

    <!-- The format for this date field is of the form
1995-12-31T23:59:59Z, and
         is a more restricted form of the canonical representation of
dateTime
         http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-2/#dateTime
         The trailing "Z" designates UTC time and is mandatory.
         Optional fractional seconds are allowed: 1995-12-31T23:59:59.999Z
         All other components are mandatory.

         Expressions can also be used to denote calculations that should be
         performed relative to "NOW" to determine the value, ie...

               NOW/HOUR
                  ... Round to the start of the current hour
               NOW-1DAY
                  ... Exactly 1 day prior to now
               NOW/DAY+6MONTHS+3DAYS
                  ... 6 months and 3 days in the future from the start of
                      the current day

         Consult the DateField javadocs for more information.

         Note: For faster range queries, consider the tdate type
      -->
    <fieldType name="date" class="solr.TrieDateField" omitNorms="true"
precisionStep="0" positionIncrementGap="0"/>

    <!-- A Trie based date field for faster date range queries and date
faceting. -->
    <fieldType name="tdate" class="solr.TrieDateField" omitNorms="true"
precisionStep="6" positionIncrementGap="0"/>

    <!--
      Note:
      These should only be used for compatibility with existing indexes
(created with older Solr versions)
      or if "sortMissingFirst" or "sortMissingLast" functionality is
needed. Use Trie based fields instead.

      Plain numeric field types that store and index the text
      value verbatim (and hence don't support range queries, since the
      lexicographic ordering isn't equal to the numeric ordering)
    -->
    <fieldType name="pint" class="solr.IntField" omitNorms="true"/>
    <fieldType name="plong" class="solr.LongField" omitNorms="true"/>
    <fieldType name="pfloat" class="solr.FloatField" omitNorms="true"/>
    <fieldType name="pdouble" class="solr.DoubleField" omitNorms="true"/>
    <fieldType name="pdate" class="solr.DateField" sortMissingLast="true"
omitNorms="true"/>

    <!--
      Note:
      These should only be used for compatibility with existing indexes
(created with older Solr versions)
      or if "sortMissingFirst" or "sortMissingLast" functionality is
needed. Use Trie based fields instead.

      Numeric field types that manipulate the value into
      a string value that isn't human-readable in its internal form,
      but with a lexicographic ordering the same as the numeric ordering,
      so that range queries work correctly.
    -->
    <fieldType name="sint" class="solr.SortableIntField"
sortMissingLast="true" omitNorms="true"/>
    <fieldType name="slong" class="solr.SortableLongField"
sortMissingLast="true" omitNorms="true"/>
    <fieldType name="sfloat" class="solr.SortableFloatField"
sortMissingLast="true" omitNorms="true"/>
    <fieldType name="sdouble" class="solr.SortableDoubleField"
sortMissingLast="true" omitNorms="true"/>

    <!-- The "RandomSortField" is not used to store or search any
         data.  You can declare fields of this type it in your schema
         to generate pseudo-random orderings of your docs for sorting
         purposes.  The ordering is generated based on the field name
         and the version of the index, As long as the index version
         remains unchanged, and the same field name is reused,
         the ordering of the docs will be consistent.
         If you want different psuedo-random orderings of documents,
         for the same version of the index, use a dynamicField and
         change the name
     -->
    <fieldType name="random" class="solr.RandomSortField" indexed="true" />

    <!-- solr.TextField allows the specification of custom text analyzers
         specified as a tokenizer and a list of token filters. Different
         analyzers may be specified for indexing and querying.

         The optional positionIncrementGap puts space between multiple
fields of
         this type on the same document, with the purpose of preventing
false phrase
         matching across fields.

         For more info on customizing your analyzer chain, please see
         http://wiki.apache.org/solr/AnalyzersTokenizersTokenFilters
     -->

    <!-- One can also specify an existing Analyzer class that has a
         default constructor via the class attribute on the analyzer element
    <fieldType name="text_greek" class="solr.TextField">
      <analyzer class="org.apache.lucene.analysis.el.GreekAnalyzer"/>
    </fieldType>
    -->

    <!-- A text field that only splits on whitespace for exact matching of
words -->
    <fieldType name="text_ws" class="solr.TextField"
positionIncrementGap="100">
      <analyzer>
      </analyzer>
    </fieldType>
    <fieldType name="textsyn" class="solr.TextField"
positionIncrementGap="100">
      <analyzer>
      </analyzer>
    </fieldType>

    <!-- A general text field that has reasonable, generic
         cross-language defaults: it tokenizes with StandardTokenizer,
 removes stop words from case-insensitive "stopwords.txt"
 (empty by default), and down cases.  At query time only, it
 also applies synonyms. -->
    <fieldType name="text_general" class="solr.TextField"
positionIncrementGap="100">
      <analyzer type="index">
words="stopwords.txt" enablePositionIncrements="true" />
        <!-- in this example, we will only use synonyms at query time
        <filter class="solr.SynonymFilterFactory"
synonyms="index_synonyms.txt" ignoreCase="true" expand="false"/>
        -->
      </analyzer>
      <analyzer type="query">
words="stopwords.txt" enablePositionIncrements="true" />
ignoreCase="true" expand="true"/>
      </analyzer>
    </fieldType>

    <!-- A text field with defaults appropriate for English: it
         tokenizes with StandardTokenizer, removes English stop words
         (stopwords_en.txt), down cases, protects words from protwords.txt,
and
         finally applies Porter's stemming.  The query time analyzer
         also applies synonyms from synonyms.txt. -->
    <fieldType name="text" class="solr.TextField"
positionIncrementGap="100">
      <analyzer type="index">
        <!-- in this example, we will only use synonyms at query time
        <filter class="solr.SynonymFilterFactory"
synonyms="index_synonyms.txt" ignoreCase="true" expand="false"/>
        -->
        <!-- Case insensitive stop word removal.
          add enablePositionIncrements=true in both the index and query
          analyzers to leave a 'gap' for more accurate phrase queries.
        -->
        <filter class="solr.StopFilterFactory"
                ignoreCase="true"
                words="stopwords_en.txt"
                enablePositionIncrements="true"
                />
<filter class="solr.EnglishPossessiveFilterFactory"/>
        <filter class="solr.KeywordMarkerFilterFactory"
protected="protwords.txt"/>
<!-- Optionally you may want to use this less aggressive stemmer instead of
PorterStemFilterFactory:
        <filter class="solr.EnglishMinimalStemFilterFactory"/>
-->
        <filter class="solr.PorterStemFilterFactory"/>
      </analyzer>
      <analyzer type="query">
ignoreCase="true" expand="true"/>
        <filter class="solr.StopFilterFactory"
                ignoreCase="true"
                words="stopwords_en.txt"
                enablePositionIncrements="true"
                />
<filter class="solr.EnglishPossessiveFilterFactory"/>
        <filter class="solr.KeywordMarkerFilterFactory"
protected="protwords.txt"/>
<!-- Optionally you may want to use this less aggressive stemmer instead of
PorterStemFilterFactory:
        <filter class="solr.EnglishMinimalStemFilterFactory"/>
-->
        <filter class="solr.PorterStemFilterFactory"/>
      </analyzer>
    </fieldType>

    <!-- A text field with defaults appropriate for English, plus
 aggressive word-splitting and autophrase features enabled.
 This field is just like text_en, except it adds
 WordDelimiterFilter to enable splitting and matching of
 words on case-change, alpha numeric boundaries, and
 non-alphanumeric chars.  This means certain compound word
 cases will work, for example query "wi fi" will match
 document "WiFi" or "wi-fi".  However, other cases will still
 not match, for example if the query is "wifi" and the
 document is "wi fi" or if the query is "wi-fi" and the
 document is "wifi".
        -->
    <fieldType name="text_en_splitting" class="solr.TextField"
positionIncrementGap="100" autoGeneratePhraseQueries="true">
      <analyzer type="index">
        <!-- in this example, we will only use synonyms at query time
        <filter class="solr.SynonymFilterFactory"
synonyms="index_synonyms.txt" ignoreCase="true" expand="false"/>
        -->
        <!-- Case insensitive stop word removal.
          add enablePositionIncrements=true in both the index and query
          analyzers to leave a 'gap' for more accurate phrase queries.
        -->
        <filter class="solr.StopFilterFactory"
                ignoreCase="true"
                words="stopwords_en.txt"
                enablePositionIncrements="true"
                />
generateWordParts="1" generateNumberParts="1" catenateWords="1"
catenateNumbers="1" catenateAll="0" splitOnCaseChange="1"/>
        <filter class="solr.KeywordMarkerFilterFactory"
protected="protwords.txt"/>
        <filter class="solr.PorterStemFilterFactory"/>
      </analyzer>
      <analyzer type="query">
ignoreCase="true" expand="true"/>
        <filter class="solr.StopFilterFactory"
                ignoreCase="true"
                words="stopwords_en.txt"
                enablePositionIncrements="true"
                />
generateWordParts="1" generateNumberParts="1" catenateWords="0"
catenateNumbers="0" catenateAll="0" splitOnCaseChange="1"/>
        <filter class="solr.KeywordMarkerFilterFactory"
protected="protwords.txt"/>
        <filter class="solr.PorterStemFilterFactory"/>
      </analyzer>
    </fieldType>

    <!-- Less flexible matching, but less false matches.  Probably not
ideal for product names,
         but may be good for SKUs.  Can insert dashes in the wrong place
and still match. -->
    <fieldType name="text_en_splitting_tight" class="solr.TextField"
positionIncrementGap="100" autoGeneratePhraseQueries="true">
      <analyzer>
ignoreCase="true" expand="false"/>
words="stopwords_en.txt"/>
generateWordParts="0" generateNumberParts="0" catenateWords="1"
catenateNumbers="1" catenateAll="0"/>
        <filter class="solr.KeywordMarkerFilterFactory"
protected="protwords.txt"/>
        <filter class="solr.EnglishMinimalStemFilterFactory"/>
        <!-- this filter can remove any duplicate tokens that appear at the
same position - sometimes
             possible with WordDelimiterFilter in conjuncton with stemming.
-->
      </analyzer>
    </fieldType>

    <!-- Just like text_general except it reverses the characters of
 each token, to enable more efficient leading wildcard queries. -->
    <fieldType name="text_general_rev" class="solr.TextField"
positionIncrementGap="100">
      <analyzer type="index">
words="stopwords.txt" enablePositionIncrements="true" />
        <filter class="solr.ReversedWildcardFilterFactory"
withOriginal="true"
           maxPosAsterisk="3" maxPosQuestion="2"
maxFractionAsterisk="0.33"/>
      </analyzer>
      <analyzer type="query">
ignoreCase="true" expand="true"/>
words="stopwords.txt" enablePositionIncrements="true" />
      </analyzer>
    </fieldType>

    <!-- charFilter + WhitespaceTokenizer  -->
    <!--
    <fieldType name="text_char_norm" class="solr.TextField"
positionIncrementGap="100" >
      <analyzer>
        <charFilter class="solr.MappingCharFilterFactory"
mapping="mapping-ISOLatin1Accent.txt"/>
      </analyzer>
    </fieldType>
    -->

    <!-- This is an example of using the KeywordTokenizer along
         With various TokenFilterFactories to produce a sortable field
         that does not include some properties of the source text
      -->
    <fieldType name="alphaOnlySort" class="solr.TextField"
sortMissingLast="true" omitNorms="true">
      <analyzer>
        <!-- KeywordTokenizer does no actual tokenizing, so the entire
             input string is preserved as a single token
          -->
        <!-- The LowerCase TokenFilter does what you expect, which can be
             when you want your sorting to be case insensitive
          -->
        <!-- The TrimFilter removes any leading or trailing whitespace -->
        <filter class="solr.TrimFilterFactory" />
        <!-- The PatternReplaceFilter gives you the flexibility to use
             Java Regular expression to replace any sequence of characters
             matching a pattern with an arbitrary replacement string,
             which may include back references to portions of the original
             string matched by the pattern.

             See the Java Regular Expression documentation for more
             information on pattern and replacement string syntax.

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/java/util/regex/package-summary.html
          -->
        <filter class="solr.PatternReplaceFilterFactory"
                pattern="([^a-z])" replacement="" replace="all"
        />
      </analyzer>
    </fieldType>

    <fieldtype name="phonetic" stored="false" indexed="true"
class="solr.TextField" >
      <analyzer>
        <filter class="solr.DoubleMetaphoneFilterFactory" inject="false"/>
      </analyzer>
    </fieldtype>

    <fieldtype name="payloads" stored="false" indexed="true"
class="solr.TextField" >
      <analyzer>
        <!--
        The DelimitedPayloadTokenFilter can put payloads on tokens... for
example,
        a token of "foo|1.4"  would be indexed as "foo" with a payload of
1.4f
        Attributes of the DelimitedPayloadTokenFilterFactory :
         "delimiter" - a one character delimiter. Default is | (pipe)
 "encoder" - how to encode the following value into a playload
    float -> org.apache.lucene.analysis.payloads.FloatEncoder,
    integer -> o.a.l.a.p.IntegerEncoder
    identity -> o.a.l.a.p.IdentityEncoder
            Fully Qualified class name implementing PayloadEncoder, Encoder
must have a no arg constructor.
         -->
        <filter class="solr.DelimitedPayloadTokenFilterFactory"
encoder="float"/>
      </analyzer>
    </fieldtype>

    <!-- lowercases the entire field value, keeping it as a single token.
 -->
    <fieldType name="lowercase" class="solr.TextField"
positionIncrementGap="100">
      <analyzer>
      </analyzer>
    </fieldType>

    <fieldType name="text_path" class="solr.TextField"
positionIncrementGap="100">
      <analyzer>
        <tokenizer class="solr.PathHierarchyTokenizerFactory"/>
      </analyzer>
    </fieldType>

    <!-- since fields of this type are by default not stored or indexed,
         any data added to them will be ignored outright.  -->
    <fieldtype name="ignored" stored="false" indexed="false"
multiValued="true" class="solr.StrField" />

    <!-- This point type indexes the coordinates as separate fields
(subFields)
      If subFieldType is defined, it references a type, and a dynamic field
      definition is created matching *___<typename>.  Alternately, if
      subFieldSuffix is defined, that is used to create the subFields.
      Example: if subFieldType="double", then the coordinates would be
        indexed in fields myloc_0___double,myloc_1___double.
      Example: if subFieldSuffix="_d" then the coordinates would be indexed
        in fields myloc_0_d,myloc_1_d
      The subFields are an implementation detail of the fieldType, and end
      users normally should not need to know about them.
     -->
    <fieldType name="point" class="solr.PointType" dimension="2"
subFieldSuffix="_d"/>

    <!-- A specialized field for geospatial search. If indexed, this
fieldType must not be multivalued. -->
    <fieldType name="location" class="solr.LatLonType"
subFieldSuffix="_coordinate"/>

   <!--
    A Geohash is a compact representation of a latitude longitude pair in a
single field.
    See http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SpatialSearch
   -->
    <fieldtype name="geohash" class="solr.GeoHashField"/>
 </types>

 <fields>
   <!-- Valid attributes for fields:
     name: mandatory - the name for the field
     type: mandatory - the name of a previously defined type from the
       <types> section
     indexed: true if this field should be indexed (searchable or sortable)
     stored: true if this field should be retrievable
     multiValued: true if this field may contain multiple values per
document
     omitNorms: (expert) set to true to omit the norms associated with
       this field (this disables length normalization and index-time
       boosting for the field, and saves some memory).  Only full-text
       fields or fields that need an index-time boost need norms.
     termVectors: [false] set to true to store the term vector for a
       given field.
       When using MoreLikeThis, fields used for similarity should be
       stored for best performance.
     termPositions: Store position information with the term vector.
       This will increase storage costs.
     termOffsets: Store offset information with the term vector. This
       will increase storage costs.
     default: a value that should be used if no value is specified
       when adding a document.
   -->

     <field name="UPDON" type="date" indexed="true" stored="true"  />
    <field name="UPDBY" type="text" indexed="true" stored="true" />
    <field name="URL" type="string" indexed="true" stored="true" />
    <field name="TO" type="text" indexed="true" stored="true" />
    <field name="CC" type="text" indexed="true" stored="true" />
    <field name="BCC" type="text" indexed="true" stored="true" />
    <field name="RI" type="text" indexed="true" stored="true" />
    <field name="CA" type="text" indexed="true" stored="true" />
    <field name="ATS" type="text" indexed="true" stored="true" />
    <field name="C" type="long" indexed="true" stored="true" />
<field name="City" type="string" indexed="true" stored="true"  />
    <field name="Rank" type="long" indexed="true" stored="true" />
   <field name="id" type="string" indexed="true" stored="true"/>
   <field name="sku" type="text_en_splitting_tight" indexed="true"
stored="true" omitNorms="true"/>
   <field name="name" type="text_general" indexed="true" stored="true"/>
   <field name="alphaNameSort" type="alphaOnlySort" indexed="true"
stored="false"/>
   <field name="manu" type="text_general" indexed="true" stored="true"
omitNorms="true"/>
   <field name="cat" type="string" indexed="true" stored="true"/>
   <field name="features" type="text_general" indexed="true" stored="true"
multiValued="true"/>
   <field name="includes" type="text_general" indexed="true" stored="true"
termVectors="true" termPositions="true" termOffsets="true" />
   <field name="studyid" type="long" indexed="true" stored="true"/>
   <field name="price"  type="float" indexed="true" stored="true"/>
   <field name="popularity" type="int" indexed="true" stored="true" />
   <field name="inStock" type="boolean" indexed="true" stored="true" />

   <!--
   The following store examples are used to demonstrate the various ways
one might _CHOOSE_ to
    implement spatial.  It is highly unlikely that you would ever have ALL
of these fields defined.
    -->
   <field name="store" type="location" indexed="true" stored="true"/>

   <!-- Common metadata fields, named specifically to match up with
     SolrCell metadata when parsing rich documents such as Word, PDF.
     Some fields are multiValued only because Tika currently may return
     multiple values for them.
   -->
   <field name="title" type="text_general" indexed="true" stored="true"
multiValued="true"/>
   <field name="subject" type="text_general" indexed="true" stored="true"/>
   <field name="description" type="text_general" indexed="true"
stored="true"/>
   <field name="comments" type="text_general" indexed="true" stored="true"/>
   <field name="author" type="text_general" indexed="true" stored="true"/>
   <field name="keywords" type="text_general" indexed="true" stored="true"/>
   <field name="category" type="text_general" indexed="true" stored="true"/>
   <field name="content_type" type="string" indexed="true" stored="true"
multiValued="true"/>
   <field name="last_modified" type="date" indexed="true" stored="true"/>
   <field name="links" type="string" indexed="true" stored="true"
multiValued="true"/>

   <!-- catchall field, containing all other searchable text fields
(implemented
        via copyField further on in this schema  -->
   <field name="text" type="text_general" indexed="true" stored="false"
multiValued="true"/>

   <!-- catchall text field that indexes tokens both normally and in
reverse for efficient
        leading wildcard queries. -->
   <field name="text_rev" type="text_general_rev" indexed="true"
stored="false" multiValued="true"/>

   <!-- non-tokenized version of manufacturer to make it easier to sort or
group
        results by manufacturer.  copied from "manu" via copyField -->
   <field name="manu_exact" type="string" indexed="true" stored="false"/>

   <field name="payloads" type="payloads" indexed="true" stored="true"/>

   <!-- Uncommenting the following will create a "timestamp" field using
        a default value of "NOW" to indicate when each document was indexed.
     -->
   <!--
   <field name="timestamp" type="date" indexed="true" stored="true"
default="NOW" multiValued="false"/>
     -->

   <!-- Dynamic field definitions.  If a field name is not found,
dynamicFields
        will be used if the name matches any of the patterns.
        RESTRICTION: the glob-like pattern in the name attribute must have
        a "*" only at the start or the end.
        EXAMPLE:  name="*_i" will match any field ending in _i (like
myid_i, z_i)
        Longer patterns will be matched first.  if equal size patterns
        both match, the first appearing in the schema will be used.  -->
   <dynamicField name="*_i"  type="int"    indexed="true"  stored="true"/>
   <dynamicField name="*_s"  type="string"  indexed="true"  stored="true"/>
   <dynamicField name="*_l"  type="long"   indexed="true"  stored="true"/>
   <dynamicField name="*_t"  type="text_general"    indexed="true"
 stored="true"/>
   <dynamicField name="*_txt" type="text_general"    indexed="true"
 stored="true" multiValued="true"/>
   <dynamicField name="*_b"  type="boolean" indexed="true"  stored="true"/>
   <dynamicField name="*_f"  type="float"  indexed="true"  stored="true"/>
   <dynamicField name="*_d"  type="double" indexed="true"  stored="true"/>

   <!-- Type used to index the lat and lon components for the "location"
FieldType -->
   <dynamicField name="*_coordinate"  type="tdouble" indexed="true"
 stored="false"/>

   <dynamicField name="*_dt" type="date"    indexed="true"  stored="true"/>
   <dynamicField name="*_p"  type="location" indexed="true" stored="true"/>

   <!-- some trie-coded dynamic fields for faster range queries -->
   <dynamicField name="*_ti" type="tint"    indexed="true"  stored="true"/>
   <dynamicField name="*_tl" type="tlong"   indexed="true"  stored="true"/>
   <dynamicField name="*_tf" type="tfloat"  indexed="true"  stored="true"/>
   <dynamicField name="*_td" type="tdouble" indexed="true"  stored="true"/>
   <dynamicField name="*_tdt" type="tdate"  indexed="true"  stored="true"/>

   <dynamicField name="*_pi"  type="pint"    indexed="true"  stored="true"/>

   <dynamicField name="ignored_*" type="ignored" multiValued="true"/>
   <dynamicField name="attr_*" type="text_general" indexed="true"
stored="true" multiValued="true"/>

   <dynamicField name="random_*" type="random" />

   <!-- uncomment the following to ignore any fields that don't already
match an existing
        field name or dynamic field, rather than reporting them as an
error.
        alternately, change the type="ignored" to some other type e.g.
"text" if you want
        unknown fields indexed and/or stored by default -->
   <!--dynamicField name="*" type="ignored" multiValued="true" /-->

 </fields>

 <!-- Field to use to determine and enforce document uniqueness.
      Unless this field is marked with required="false", it will be a
required field
   -->
 <uniqueKey>ID</uniqueKey>

 <!-- field for the QueryParser to use when an explicit fieldname is absent
-->
 <defaultSearchField>text</defaultSearchField>

 <!-- SolrQueryParser configuration: defaultOperator="AND|OR" -->
 <solrQueryParser defaultOperator="OR"/>

  <!-- copyField commands copy one field to another at the time a document
        is added to the index.  It's used either to index the same field
differently,
        or to add multiple fields to the same field for easier/faster
searching.  -->

   <copyField source="cat" dest="text"/>
   <copyField source="name" dest="text"/>
   <copyField source="manu" dest="text"/>
   <copyField source="features" dest="text"/>
   <copyField source="includes" dest="text"/>
   <copyField source="manu" dest="manu_exact"/>
   <!-- Above, multiple source fields are copied to the [text] field.
  Another way to map multiple source fields to the same
  destination field is to use the dynamic field syntax.
  copyField also supports a maxChars to copy setting.  -->

   <!-- <copyField source="*_t" dest="text" maxChars="3000"/> -->

   <!-- copy name to alphaNameSort, a field designed for sorting by name -->
   <!-- <copyField source="name" dest="alphaNameSort"/> -->

 <!-- Similarity is the scoring routine for each document vs. a query.
      A custom similarity may be specified here, but the default is fine
      for most applications.  -->
 <!-- <similarity class="org.apache.lucene.search.DefaultSimilarity"/> -->
 <!-- ... OR ...
      Specify a SimilarityFactory class name implementation
      allowing parameters to be used.
 -->
 <!--
 <similarity class="com.example.solr.CustomSimilarityFactory">
   <str name="paramkey">param value</str>
 </similarity>
 -->

</schema>

Posted by rajini maski <ra...@gmail.com>.
All,

Posted by Ahmet Arslan <io...@yahoo.com>.
> Yes .

> > Did you restart tomcat and perform re-index?

Okey, one thing left. Http caching may cause stale response. Delete your browsers cache if you are using a browser to query solr.

Re: Solr 3.3 Sorting is not working for long fields

Posted by rajini maski <ra...@gmail.com>.
Yes .

Posted by Ahmet Arslan <io...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by rajini maski <ra...@gmail.com>.

On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 7:23 PM, Ahmet Arslan <io...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> > When I do a basic sort on *long *field. the sort doesn't
> > happen.
> >

> > Query is :
> >
> > -<
> http://blr-ws-195:8091/Solr3.3/select/?q=2%3A104+AND+526%3A27747&version=2.2&start=0&rows=10&indent=on&sort=469%20asc&fl=469#
> >
> > <lst name="*responseHeader*">
> >   <int name="*status*">0</int>
> >   <int name="*QTime*">3</int>
> >  -<
> http://blr-ws-195:8091/Solr3.3/select/?q=2%3A104+AND+526%3A27747&version=2.2&start=0&rows=10&indent=on&sort=469%20asc&fl=469#
> >
> > <lst name="*params*">
> >   <str name="*fl*">studyid</str>
> >   <str name="*sort*">studyid asc</str>
> >   <str name="*indent*">on</str>
> >   <str name="*start*">0</str>
> >   <str name="*q*">*:*</str>
> >   <str name="*rows*">100</str>
> >   <str name="*version*">2.2</str>
> >  </lst>
> >  </lst>
> >

> > <response>
> > - <result name="response" numFound="216" start="0">
> > - <doc>
> >   <long name="studyid">53</long >
> >   </doc>
> > - <doc>
> >   <long name="studyid">18</int>
> >   </doc>
> > - <doc>
> >   <long name="studyid">14</long >
> >   </doc>
> > - <doc>
> >   <int name="studyid">11</long >
> >   </doc>
> > - <doc>
> >   <long name="studyid">7</long >
> >   </doc>
> > - <doc>
> >   <int name="studyid">63</int>
> >   </doc>
> > - <doc>
> >   <int name="studyid">35</long >
> >   </doc>
> > - <doc>
> >   <int name="studyid">70</long >
> >   </doc>
> > - <doc>
> >   <long name="studyid">91</long >
> >   </doc>
> > - <doc>
> >   <int name="studyid">97</int>
> >   </doc>
> >   </result>
> >   </response>
> >

> > The same case works with Solr1.4.1 but it is not working
> > solr 3.3
>
> Can you try with the following type?
>
>  <fieldType name="tlong" class="solr.TrieLongField" precisionStep="8"
> omitNorms="true" positionIncrementGap="0"/>
>
> And studyid must be marked as indexed="true".

I tried this one.   <fieldType name="tlong" class="solr.TrieLongField"

Posted by Ahmet Arslan <io...@yahoo.com>.
> When I do a basic sort on *long *field. the sort doesn't
> happen.
>

> Query is :
>
> -<http://blr-ws-195:8091/Solr3.3/select/?q=2%3A104+AND+526%3A27747&version=2.2&start=0&rows=10&indent=on&sort=469%20asc&fl=469#>
> <lst name="*responseHeader*">
>   <int name="*status*">0</int>
>   <int name="*QTime*">3</int>
>  -<http://blr-ws-195:8091/Solr3.3/select/?q=2%3A104+AND+526%3A27747&version=2.2&start=0&rows=10&indent=on&sort=469%20asc&fl=469#>
> <lst name="*params*">
>   <str name="*fl*">studyid</str>
>   <str name="*sort*">studyid asc</str>
>   <str name="*indent*">on</str>
>   <str name="*start*">0</str>
>   <str name="*q*">*:*</str>
>   <str name="*rows*">100</str>
>   <str name="*version*">2.2</str>
>  </lst>
>  </lst>
>

> <response>
> - <result name="response" numFound="216" start="0">
> - <doc>
>   <long name="studyid">53</long >
>   </doc>
> - <doc>
>   <long name="studyid">18</int>
>   </doc>
> - <doc>
>   <long name="studyid">14</long >
>   </doc>
> - <doc>
>   <int name="studyid">11</long >
>   </doc>
> - <doc>
>   <long name="studyid">7</long >
>   </doc>
> - <doc>
>   <int name="studyid">63</int>
>   </doc>
> - <doc>
>   <int name="studyid">35</long >
>   </doc>
> - <doc>
>   <int name="studyid">70</long >
>   </doc>
> - <doc>
>   <long name="studyid">91</long >
>   </doc>
> - <doc>
>   <int name="studyid">97</int>
>   </doc>
>   </result>
>   </response>
>

> The same case works with Solr1.4.1 but it is not working
> solr 3.3

Can you try with the following type?

  <fieldType name="tlong" class="solr.TrieLongField" precisionStep="8" omitNorms="true" positionIncrementGap="0"/>

Posted by rajini maski <ra...@gmail.com>.
There is no error as such.

Posted by Michael Kuhlmann <ku...@solarier.de>.

Posted by rajini maski <ra...@gmail.com>.
Field type is long and not multi valued.
Using solr 3.3 war file ,
Tried on solr 1.4.1 index and solr 3.3 index , both cases its not working.

query :
http://localhost:8091/Group/select?/&indent=on&q=studyid:120&sort=studyidasc,groupid
asc,subjectid asc&start=0&rows=100000

all the ID fields are long