Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Jerry Jalenak <Je...@LABONE.com> on 2002/10/01 19:08:31 UTC

RE: [Validator HOW-TO] Invoking Validator validate method from Ov errd den validate method

OK, figured it out (if anyone is interested).

After digging around in the DynaValidatorActionForm source a little, I tried
the following:

	public ActionErrors validate(ActionMapping mapping,
HttpServletRequest request)
	{
		ServletContext context = getServlet().getServletContext();

		String submitAction = (String) get("submitAction");
		if ((submitAction.equalsIgnoreCase("continue")) ||
(submitAction.equalsIgnoreCase("submit")))
		{
			Validator validator =
StrutsValidatorUtil.initValidator(mapping.getPath(), this, context, request,
errors, page);
			try
			{
				validatorResults = validator.validate();
			}
			catch(ValidatorException ve)
			{}
		}

		return errors;
	}

Figured if the default method could call Validator, so could I.  Works like
a charm.

Jerry

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
For additional commands, e-mail: