Posted to dev@tez.apache.org by Sreenath Somarajapuram <ss...@hortonworks.com> on 2016/04/23 12:26:33 UTC

[DISCUSS] TEZ-3227 - Replacing tez-ui module with tez-ui2

Hi All,

UI v2 is mature enough to be the default UI for Tez, and feel its the right time to replace tez-ui module with tez-ui2.

Please let me know if the following steps looks good:
1. Apply a patch for the pom file changes.
2. Remove the old UI -  `git rm -r tez-ui` could be used.
3. Rename tez-ui2 -  `git mv tez-ui2 tez-ui` could be used.

I have created https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TEZ-3227 for the same.
Plan is to make the changes by 26th (Tuesday) EOD.

Thanks,
Sreenath

Re: [DISCUSS] TEZ-3227 - Replacing tez-ui module with tez-ui2

Posted by Hitesh Shah <hi...@apache.org>.
This was committed a few hours ago on master. We did notice some build failures on jenkins but those seem to have been a result of the environment. Changing the build to do a git clean seems to have resolved the issue. To be safe, both pre-commit and the full master build are now doing a git clean. We can probably remove it after a few weeks once the build has cycled through all jenkins slaves.

If folks do see any such build issues with the tez-ui module, please try a git clean to clear remnants of the old tez-ui and retry compiling.

thanks
— Hitesh

Posted by Siddharth Seth <ss...@apache.org>.