Posted to builds@apache.org by andrea <an...@tirasa.net> on 2016/03/24 16:54:56 UTC

Syncope demo VM - Jenkins integration

Good morning,

I'm an Apache Syncope committer. With my team and with the kind help of
ASF we setup a demo machine at syncope-vm.apache.org.
Now we want enable ASF Jenkins to execute a script (made by us) on the
machine. This script updates the deployed artifacts and updates hosted
version of Apache Syncope on the machine.
We found two solutions to do this, also with the help of Daniel Gruno:
1. CGI interface on syncope-vm.apache.org to query: we need IP of ASF
Jenkins to put it into the white list of allowed IPs.
2. Create an user on syncope-vm.apache.org (jenkins for example) and
grant to him execute permissions to that script, so that Jenkins could
execute scripts through ssh in a very secure way.

My question is: How can I setup ASF Jenkins with the credentials to
access to syncope-vm.apache.org? I want to login with user "jenkins" (we
will create it) and key pair.
Can you help me?

Best regards,
Andrea

Re: Syncope demo VM - Jenkins integration

Posted by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>.
On Thu, Mar 24, 2016 at 10:09 AM, andrea <an...@tirasa.net> wrote:

> Il 24/03/2016 16:58, John Sirois ha scritto:
>>
>> On Thu, Mar 24, 2016 at 9:54 AM, andrea <an...@tirasa.net>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Good morning,
>>>
>>> I'm an Apache Syncope committer. With my team and with the kind help of
>>> ASF we setup a demo machine at syncope-vm.apache.org.
>>> Now we want enable ASF Jenkins to execute a script (made by us) on the
>>> machine. This script updates the deployed artifacts and updates hosted
>>> version of Apache Syncope on the machine.
>>> We found two solutions to do this, also with the help of Daniel Gruno:
>>> 1. CGI interface on syncope-vm.apache.org to query: we need IP of ASF
>>> Jenkins to put it into the white list of allowed IPs.
>>> 2. Create an user on syncope-vm.apache.org (jenkins for example) and
>>> grant to him execute permissions to that script, so that Jenkins could
>>> execute scripts through ssh in a very secure way.
>>>
>> Drive-by, but was the option of having a service on syncope-vm.apache.org
>> use
>> the ASF jenkins /api to poll for and download new artifacts considered?
>> That would allow you to manage syncope credentials on the syncope demo
>> machine.
>>

> Hi John,
>
> no it was not considered because we have to "install" new artifacts at every
> push on the repo. So we need a "push logic" and we know that this could be
> done by Jenkins job (that builds artifacts).
>
> Another question please excuse me: is this mailing list public? Can I set as
> CC of my emails dev@syncope.apache.org?

This list is public - feel free to copy the dev list.

To get some movement, open a Ticket in the Infra Jira, someone will
get you pub keys.

--David

Re: Syncope demo VM - Jenkins integration

Posted by andrea <an...@tirasa.net>.

Posted by John Sirois <jo...@gmail.com>.