Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Tim <ch...@gmail.com> on 2011/01/21 23:47:38 UTC

Adding systemProperty to parent plugin definition

Is there a way to extend a parent pom's plugin configuration?
I have a situation where the parent pom configures the surefire plugin
a great deal.

I want to add one more systemProperty but I don't have to copy the
whole configuration of that plugin down because

1. I feel that is against the concept of having the configuration in
the parent pom as if more things have to be changed, my override will
not be aware of those changes.
2. It's got a large amount of configurations and I don't want to
replicate all of it.

Re: Adding systemProperty to parent plugin definition

Posted by Tim <ch...@gmail.com>.
Thanks! Wow that really should be documented in maven FAQs. :P

Posted by Benjamin Bentmann <be...@udo.edu>.