Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Bin Chen <bc...@unlv.edu> on 2003/07/21 17:47:46 UTC

[users@httpd] apachectl start error

Dear all:

I tried to install Apache 2.0 into the directory /space/apache.  I finished
the configure and make install successfully.  And I believe all the folders
have been installed into the apache directory.  But when I typed in

$cd /space/apache/bin
$apachectl start
apachectl: not found

but the apachectl is in that folder.  How stranger!

And then I tried

$./apachectl start
ld.so.1: /space/apache/bin/httpd: fatal: libdb-4.1.so: open failed: No such
file or directory
Killed

By the way, I tried to set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH to /space/sfw/lib, where
libdb-4.1.so is.
still doesn't work.

Do you have some idea on this problem?  Thanks in advance.

Bin Chen

Bin Chen
Department of Mechanical Engineering
University of Nevada, Las Vegas