Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Adam Retter <ad...@landmark.co.uk> on 2010/03/25 17:17:22 UTC

How to download resources for WebApp build

I have a number of XML Schema documents that are currently held in
Subversion.

I also have a number of web projects (all using Maven), that need a copy
of these XML Schema documents. I need these Schemas for two different
reasons -

1) During the compile phase, for the JAXB Maven Plugin to generate some
classes for me

2) For placement in my src/main/webapp xsd sub-folder, so that the
Schemas themselves are accessible
from the web by our users.

I would like to be able to download the Schemas before the JAXB compile
phase, if they were then placed according to (2), I could configure the
JAXB Maven plugin to pick up the Schemas from that location.

Is there a plugin that could achieve this for me? otherwise what is the
best way to achieve this?

Thanks Adam.

--
Adam Retter

Landmark Information Group
01392 68 5403
http://www.landmark.co.uk

Registered Office: 7 Abbey Court, Eagle Way, Sowton, Exeter, Devon, EX2 7HY
Registered Number 2892803 Registered in England and Wales

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and may be subject to
legal privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not use, copy,
distribute or disclose the e-mail or any part of its contents or take any
action in reliance on it. If you have received this e-mail in error, please
e-mail the sender by replying to this message. All reasonable precautions have
been taken to ensure no viruses are present in this e-mail. Landmark Information
Group Limited cannot accept responsibility for loss or damage arising from the
use of this e-mail or attachments and recommend that you subject these to
your virus checking procedures prior to use.

Re: How to download resources for WebApp build

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
> I also have a number of web projects (all using Maven), that need a copy of
> these XML Schema documents. I need these Schemas for two different reasons -

Put them in their own versioned Maven project, install/deploy them
independently, then depend on them in your other projects. The unack
goal of m-dependency-p is also worth a look in conjunction with this.

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-dependency-plugin/unpack-mojo.html

Wayne