Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Clay Atkins <ca...@spcmg.com> on 1999/12/01 00:39:39 UTC

where is this project

Hello,

Is there anyone actively working on this project?  I'm interested, have been
"playing" with this formatting object, and maybe even doing some
development.

Clay Atkins

Re: where is this project

Posted by James Tauber <jt...@jtauber.com>.
> Is there anyone actively working on this project?  I'm interested, have
been
> "playing" with this formatting object, and maybe even doing some
> development.

Things are very active at the moment (although I'm in the middle of moving
to the other side of the world so my own contributions come in fits and
spurts). If you want to get involved in development, here is what I suggest:
(you may have done some of these already)

1. subscribe to fop-dev@xml.apache.org (you've obviously done that)
2. read the archives to fop-dev to get an idea of the issues being discussed
3. subscribe to xml-fop-cvs@xml.apache.org (it is important that you follow
changes being made)
4. try :-) to wrap your head around the XSL working draft
5. get CVS working on your system
6. ask, on fop-dev, any questions you have at all about the code, design,
etc.
7. when you feel comfortable modifying the code, send diffs to fop-dev with
your contributions
8. have fun

James