Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by myrnap <my...@Golux.Com> on 2005/01/11 23:54:31 UTC

test failures when built & run on linux...(from thread re derby 13)

Daniel John Debrunner wrote:

>Shreyas Kaushik (JIRA) wrote:
>

>>     [
>>

>http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-13?page=comments#action_57179 ]
>

>>I also ran the tests of derbylang and am attaching the diffs of them
>>

>as well. Some of the tests fail there and I don't know the exact reason
>for the failures.( I think they are not failures )
>
>I actually think you are seeing unrelated failures. It seems that if
>Derby is built and tested on linix or unix then about six tests fail, it
>looks like a difference in the number of characters in a long line. I'm
>not sure if it's the build process, ij or the test diff program that has
>the problem. If you build on Windows and test on linux or unix the all
>the tests pass.
>
>Dan.

Hi, Can you tell me which tests fail? Maybe it should be at least
documented.

Thx,
Myrna

Re: test failures when built & run on linux...(from thread re derby 13)

Posted by Daniel John Debrunner <dj...@debrunners.com>.

Re: test failures when built & run on linux...(from thread re derby 13)

Posted by Shreyas Kaushik <Sh...@Sun.COM>.
Sure, here are the tests that failed,

derbylang/derbylang.fail:lang/desc_index.sql
derbylang/derbylang.fail:lang/distinctElimination.sql
derbylang/derbylang.fail:lang/inbetween.sql
derbylang/derbylang.fail:lang/predicatesIntoViews.sql
derbylang/derbylang.fail:lang/subqueryFlattening.sql
derbylang/derbylang.fail:lang/triggerGeneral.sql

I have atatched the full report of the test run in JIRA for Derby-13.

thanks
Shreyas