Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by "Li, Weiye" <We...@STJUDE.ORG> on 2008/02/26 20:01:47 UTC

What jars files are not required on client side

I just started to use CXF with Spring. There're 23 jars required for the integration of Spring and CXF on the document ( http://cwiki.apache.org/CXF20DOC/writing-a-service-with-spring.html )

Are those all required on client side? Are there any only required for Server side? Thanks.

Re: What jars files are not required on client side

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Tuesday 26 February 2008, Li, Weiye wrote:
> I just started to use CXF with Spring. There're 23 jars required for
> the integration of Spring and CXF on the document (
> http://cwiki.apache.org/CXF20DOC/writing-a-service-with-spring.html )
>
> Are those all required on client side? Are there any only required for
> Server side? Thanks.

That list looks about correct.   You may be able to ditch:
geronimo-servlet_2.5_spec-1.1-M1.jar

If you use Java6 up to update 3, you can ditch a couple more, but that
isn't very tested well at this point.    (CXF 2.1 will support update 4
and newer)

I think there is a spring-all jar or similar that could be used instead
of the individual spring jars.   Not really sure though.

--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer, IONA