Posted to user@ambari.apache.org by Andreas Fritzler <an...@gmail.com> on 2015/09/07 15:13:31 UTC

Ubuntu Support for Ambari 2.1.x

Hi,

I saw that the Ubuntu support for Ambari 2.1.x has been discarted and
postponed to 2.1.2. What is the reason behind that? Also, what is the OS
strategy going forward?

Regards,
Andreas

Re: Ubuntu Support for Ambari 2.1.x

Posted by Krish Khambadkone <kk...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,  i have been able to create a docker image with bigtop 0.8 and ambari 2.0.

However when I attempt the same with bigtop 1.0 and Ambari 2.0. The ambari server wouldn't start. Fails with port already in use no matter what port number I use

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by Sumit Mohanty <sm...@hortonworks.com>.
The support has not been removed per se. You can modify the metainfo.xml to include the repo url details and it will show up as an option as you deploy. There is no code change in Ambari to explicitly disable the support.

As there is no publicly accessible and verified repo for Ubuntu yet, it is not added to the metainfo.xml shipped with Ambari.