Posted to dev@thrift.apache.org by Zhan Xu <zh...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/12 03:25:47 UTC

Repost: Windows Support

[I posted this question to thrift-user mailing list without any
response. Hope I can get some insights from the developers community.]

Dear all,

While reading the Thrift document, it says "... The Thrift C++ runtime
libarry does not currently work on Windows. This means that you'll be
able to compile ThriftIDL files to C++/Java/Python/etc., but you won't
be able to compile and run the generated c++ code under Windows...".
Is this statement still true? Is there any plan to support Windows?

Thanks!

Zhan Xu

Re: Repost: Windows Support

Posted by Zhan Xu <zh...@gmail.com>.
Rush,

Thanks for the reply and the insights provided. Actually, there were
bunch of replies to my question on the thrift-user mailing list. Will
play with the suggested ASIO and do my further research on this topic.

Have a nice weekend!

Zhan Xu

Re: Repost: Windows Support

Posted by Rush Manbert <ru...@manbert.com>.