Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Daniel Leffel <da...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/16 19:10:15 UTC

Accessing the text input of an AutoCompleter with forceValidOption=false

Sorry for what is likely an easy question.

I'm having users use an AutoCompleter to select something (in this case
wine). I've turned off the forceValid option with the intent of adding the
input as a new value if it doesn't match the list.

How do I access the value that a user input when it doesn't match something
on the list. Currently, if I try to access the value, it's null and throws a
null pointer exception.

value="ognl:wineType" model="ognl:wineAutoComleteModel"
maxListLength="ognl:7" forceValidOption="ognl:false"/>

--
--------------
Daniel Leffel

RE: Accessing the text input of an AutoCompleter with forceValidOption=false

Posted by Ben Dotte <bd...@widen.com>.
Well we don't use the actual Tacos library right now. I just pulled
enough of the Autocompleter out of Tacos to make it work on its own as a
workaround for all these problems but I still can't get it to work in a
loop. I don't think it would be worth posting the code and modifications
to hivemodule.xml; there were a lot of dependencies that had to be
pulled in and it's quite a frankenstein effort at the moment
unfortunately.

Posted by Chris Chiappone <ch...@gmail.com>.
I didn't see the tacos autocompeleter as a component in the Tacos
4.1.0 SNAPSHOT.  Is it included?

On 4/16/07, Ben Dotte <bd...@widen.com> wrote:
> We too have had a lot of problems with the dojo-based Autocompleter that
> have led us to use the one from Tacos whenever possible.
>
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.java.tapestry.user/45240/
>
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAPESTRY-1244
>
> Ben

~chris

RE: Accessing the text input of an AutoCompleter with forceValidOption=false

--
~chris

Re: Accessing the text input of an AutoCompleter with forceValidOption=false

Posted by Chris Chiappone <ch...@gmail.com>.

--
~chris

Re: Accessing the text input of an AutoCompleter with forceValidOption=false

Posted by Daniel Leffel <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Chris Chiappone <ch...@gmail.com>.

--
~chris