Posted to user@drill.apache.org by mohanpothula <mo...@gmail.com> on 2015/06/14 03:24:01 UTC

Drill issue with accessing flat files

Hi ,
I installed mapr on centos os ,When trying to access the flat file not able
to access though  placed the files  under the /temp directory.Any idea what
will be the issue

jdbc:drill:> use dfs.tmp;
+-------+--------------------------------------+
|  ok   |               summary                |
+-------+--------------------------------------+
| true  | Default schema changed to [dfs.tmp]  |
+-------+--------------------------------------+
1 row selected (0.147 seconds)
0: jdbc:drill:> show tables;
0: jdbc:drill:> show tables;
+--+
|  |
+--+
+--+
No rows selected (0.392 seconds)
+--+

Regards,
Mohan

Re: Drill issue with accessing flat files

Posted by mohanpothula <mo...@gmail.com>.
Hi ,
Further to the below ,nor able to create new storage plugings  nor update
the existing plugins .Please see the below error when trying using drill
shell

*[root@mapr bin]# ./drill-localhost*
*apache drill 1.0.0 *
*"drill baby drill"*
*0: jdbc:drill:drillbit=localhost> select * FROM
dfs.'/home/Administrator/Downloads';*
*Error: PARSE ERROR: Encountered ". \'/home/Administrator/Downloads\'" at
line 1, column 18.*
*Was expecting one of:*
*    <EOF> *

Posted by rahul challapalli <ch...@gmail.com>.
'show tables' command would only list views present under your current
workspace(tmp). You can use show files instead to list all files and
directories.

- Rahul