Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Paul Benedict <pa...@yahoo.com> on 2006/03/26 09:08:51 UTC

Struts 1.3.1 - When?

Now that 1.2 is EOL (end of line), what's the timeframe
for the 1.3.1 release? I ask this because now that so many
people are dedicated to 2.0, I am a bit concerned this product
might drop out of people's sight. -- Paul

Re: Struts 1.3.1 - When?

Posted by Martin Cooper <ma...@apache.org>.
On 3/25/06, Paul Benedict <pa...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Now that 1.2 is EOL (end of line), what's the timeframe
> for the 1.3.1 release? I ask this because now that so many
> people are dedicated to 2.0, I am a bit concerned this product
> might drop out of people's sight. -- Paul

I don't think it's likely that it will fall by the wayside. Several of us
are using 1.3 in our day jobs right now, and most of us would likely be more
comfortable if there was a GA release of that, rather than relying on
unreleased versions. As for timeframe, as always with open source, that's
not very predictable. ;-)

With respect to 1.2 being EOL, I'd say that's true when it comes to the
addition of new features, but not so true when it comes to bugs. Many of us
have 1.2 apps in production, and of course those will need to be maintained.
Some will have the luxury of moving those apps to 1.3, but many will not.

Certainly there will be lots of excitement and activity around SAF2, but
few, if any, of us have the luxury of dropping everything and working on the
latest cool stuff. If nothing else, our day jobs will ensure that we stay
involved with earlier versions.

--
Martin Cooper

Re: Struts 1.3.1 - When?

Posted by Jonathan Revusky <re...@wanadoo.es>.
Paul Benedict wrote:
> Now that 1.2 is EOL (end of line), what's the timeframe
> for the 1.3.1 release? I ask this because now that so many
> people are dedicated to 2.0, I am a bit concerned this product
> might drop out of people's sight. -- Paul

I believe that is the intention, for Webwork (rechristed Struts Action
2) to supersede Struts 1.x.

Jonathan Revusky