Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Sam William <sa...@stumbleupon.com> on 2012/06/20 01:15:16 UTC

Text file with ctrl chat as delimiter

Hi,
  I have a  data file that is exactly equivalent to a CSV , except that the field delimiter is a control character  specifically  '\u0001' .  How can I create  an external table  in hive for this data ?

For instance .

create table ... blah .blah ...
row format delimited fields terminated by '\u0001' stored  as textfile location '/tmp/myloc';

did not work .

Thanks

Sam William
sampd@stumbleupon.com

Re: Text file with ctrl chat as delimiter

Posted by Sam William <sa...@stumbleupon.com>.
Wow .. This works thanks..
Sam

Posted by Mapred Learn <ma...@gmail.com>.