Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by "John J. Franey" <jf...@inventa.com> on 2006/08/07 17:03:09 UTC

File size limit exceeded!

Hi,

I run svn copy command.  When I use local access, success.  When I use
svn protocol (from remote host), File size limit exceeded.  Why is there
a difference?

I see file size limit reached error
<http://subversion.tigris.org/servlets/ReadMsg?listName=dev&msgNo=76054>.
But is it relevant?

1) My failure occurs during a 'svn copy'.  I thought copy was light
weight, but I would not call a copy light weight if it needs to create a
files bigger than 2G.  Something doesn't make sense.

2) There is not a build time option for large files in Apache's (2.0.54)
APR.  Its configure command does not have a related option.  I think the
option is driven at runtime: If the caller passes APR_LARGEFILE to
apr_file_open() and the operating system defines the flag: O_LARGEFILES.

Regards,
John

Re: File size limit exceeded!

Posted by "John J. Franey" <jf...@inventa.com>.
Please disregard.  I've discovered my problem.  I tried to follow
instructions in supporting multiple access to repository.  I wrote the
wrapper that was supposed to set umask.  Instead, I called 'ulimit 02'.
ha ha ha.

Regards,
John