Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Stack <st...@duboce.net> on 2015/11/03 08:03:06 UTC

Re: Testing and CI -- Apache Jenkins Builds (WAS -> Re: Testing)

I just did an edit of all of our jenkins configuration. I changed the
post-build zombie section. The surefire-killer was hanging out here it
seems (For detail, see HBASE-14589 Looking for the surefire-killer; builds
being killed...). I may have messed up builds. Will fix in morning if so
(currently builds seem a bit backed up so won't wait around).

St.Ack

Posted by stack <sa...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Sean (and Andrew)
St.Ack

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@apache.org>.

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@cloudera.com>.

--
Sean

Re: Testing and CI -- Apache Jenkins Builds (WAS -> Re: Testing)

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@apache.org>.

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
Did more changes on zombie detector script and pushed them. Have now moved
master build over to use this zombie detector script only since it seems to
basically work (Translation: post-build, we no longer have script in a text
window up in jenkins for master build.... instead we call out to the
checked-in ./dev-support/zombie-detector.sh passing current build number).

Now I'm working on getting test-patch.sh to use the same zombie detector. I
just changed test-patch.sh to run zombie-detector before it does its old
stuff. Hopefully it keeps working.

At end of the day, will have all builds using same checked-in script rather
than running script out of jenkins configuration.

St.Ack

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
Is this an example Sean,

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
Thanks Sean. That helps.

FYI @here, am messing on trunk builds w/ post-build script section. I'll
probably mess it up a few times.... Be warned.

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.

Posted by Andrew Purtell <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
Clues on how to figure root cause of:

[ERROR] Error invoking method 'get(java.lang.Integer)' in
java.util.ArrayList at META-INF/LICENSE.vm[line 1627, column 22]

.... comes of the initial findbugs run when it goes into assembly. See here
in Trunk matrix:
https://builds.apache.org/view/H-L/view/HBase/job/HBase-Trunk_matrix/jdk=latest1.7,label=Hadoop/430/console

Then the checkstyle run fails with this in another 1.7 trunk matrix run:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-checkstyle-plugin:2.16:checkstyle
(default-cli) on project hbase-external-blockcache: An error has
occurred in Checkstyle report generation. Failed during checkstyle
execution: Unable to process suppressions file location:
hbase/checkstyle-suppressions.xml: Cannot create file-based
resource:invalid block type -> [Help 1]

Thanks,
St.Ack

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@cloudera.com>.

--
Sean

Re: Testing and CI -- Apache Jenkins Builds (WAS -> Re: Testing)

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.