Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by Pierre Saucin <pi...@skynet.be> on 2004/07/23 16:49:05 UTC

Allocation deallocation question when calling IWrapperSoapSerializer::AddOutputParam

When I calling this function AddOutputParam, I passed a parameter (pValue) to
this function. When this parameter is a string (char*) that I have to create,
who is responsible of the destruction of this variable: have I to destruct
this parameter after calling the function or is it destructed by the function
itself? In this latest case, is there a special function for dynamic
allocation or can I use the new operator?
Thanks.
--
Pierre Saucin

RE: Allocation deallocation question when calling IWrapperSoapSerializer::AddOutputParam

Posted by Susantha Kumara <su...@opensource.lk>.

On the server side all the parameters added to the serializer are
de-allocated by the Axis Engine after serializing.

> have I to destruct
> this parameter after calling the function

No

> or is it destructed by the
> function
> itself?

Yes

> In this latest case, is there a special function for dynamic
> allocation or can I use the new operator?

Yes you can use new