Posted to user@syncope.apache.org by Tech <te...@psynd.net> on 2017/03/01 09:35:45 UTC

Dynamic role - the task remains blocked

Dear experts,

we want to report you something we detected in the Syncope-Console.

We are importing some information from a database where a column is
called "MYGROUP" and the content is "Employee".

We created a group into Syncope called MYGROUP and in the group we
defined a Dynamic group where the attribute.myrole == Employee, the user
is automatically assigned to the group.

When we check the users, we can validate that they are correctly
assigned to the group MYGROUP.

We perform some modification on the Database, we run again the pull, but
this time we see that from the Dashboard/Control/Available, we see the
pull still running, and also pushing on the Stop, the popup will confirm
us that the task has been performed correctly, but also restarting
Syncope, the task will be still running.

We are not able to run anymore any Pull, and we were forced to run a
restore of the database.

What should be done to avoid this?

Thanks

Re: Dynamic role - the task remains blocked

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.
On 01/03/2017 15:08, Tech wrote:
> Hello,
>
> thank you for your feedback.
>
> As described, we stopped already the AS and we restarted, but the
> process was continuing to turn.

And did you check if there was any zombie java process around, after
stopping and *before* starting again?

> The only solution it was to restore the database, but we know that
> this situation it will repeat for sure, that's why we would like to
> find a solution

As usual, you need to investigate in the logs what is the actual source
for the error, possibly trying to isolate as much as possible what makes
the system unstable.

Regards.

--
Francesco Chicchiricc�

Tirasa - Open Source Excellence
http://www.tirasa.net/

http://home.apache.org/~ilgrosso/

Re: Dynamic role - the task remains blocked

Posted by Tech <te...@psynd.net>.
Hello,

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.
Hi,