Posted to dev@river.apache.org by Sim IJskes - QCG <si...@qcg.nl> on 2010/11/24 13:08:12 UTC

Re: svn commit: r1038572 - /incubator/river/site/trunk/content/river/building-river.mdtext

On 24-11-10 13:01, thobbs@apache.org wrote:
> Author: thobbs
> Date: Wed Nov 24 12:01:11 2010
> New Revision: 1038572

> Log:
> Added additional instructions on building and testing River
>
> Modified:
>      incubator/river/site/trunk/content/river/building-river.mdtext

Shall i split off a page with testing categories?

Gr. Sim

Re: svn commit: r1038572 - /incubator/river/site/trunk/content/river/building-river.mdtext

Posted by Sim IJskes - QCG <si...@qcg.nl>.
On 25-11-10 11:35, Tom Hobbs wrote:
> Thanks for the idiot-proof instructions.  Although I must warn you, I
> can be even more idiotic if I want to be...

Aha. Me too, also active in the software industry?

>> You must however make sure that your last changes have been applied to
>> staging. I.e. look if there is a staging build underway, otherwise you copy
>> an old version to production. You can view progress of the build in
>> http://ci.apache.org/builders/river-site-staging.

As demonstration:

I.e. make sure there is NO staging build underway, (and the last build
went OK).

Re: svn commit: r1038572 - /incubator/river/site/trunk/content/river/building-river.mdtext

Posted by Tom Hobbs <tv...@googlemail.com>.
Aha, this explains why my frustrated thumping of the F5 key on
http://incubator.apache.org/river/building-river.html was not having
any effect.

I've got a few more notes to add to the page, so it's just as well
that it hasn't progressed out of staging yet.

Posted by Sim IJskes - QCG <si...@qcg.nl>.

Posted by Tom Hobbs <tv...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Sim,

I saw some commits that you'd done the splitting already.  But it
appears that none of the changes either these ones or your splitting
the test bit out are on the live website.

Have I forgotten a step somewhere?

Cheers,

Tom