Posted to ojb-dev@db.apache.org by Thomas Dudziak <to...@gmail.com> on 2005/12/21 23:48:14 UTC

[Vote] Release 1.0.4

Hi folks,

this is a vote for the release of OJB version 1.0.4. The current
version in the CVS branch is stable (only few known issues which will
be documented in the release notes and fixed after the release) and
contains a lot of changes, so it would make sense to release. Also,
infra would like us to switch to SVN beginning of January, and the
idea is to have a release out before that.
So, what is your opinion:

------------------------------ --------------------------
[ ] +1  Yes, release OJB 1.0.4, about time
[ ] +0  Sure, why not
[ ] -0  Won't block, but think imperfect (please give reasons)
[ ] -1  Against releasing (please give reasons)

Btw, while this vote runs, we will be fixing the Doc & Javadoc (if you
want to help, just run the checkstyle target and fix whatever comes up
;-) ).

regards,
Tom

Re: [Vote] Release 1.0.4

Posted by Armin Waibel <ar...@apache.org>.

Re: [Vote] Release 1.0.4

Posted by Thomas Dudziak <to...@gmail.com>.
On 12/22/05, Martin Kalén <mk...@apache.org> wrote:

> [X] +1  Yes, release OJB 1.0.4, about time
>

> Oracle9 testing is not too clean, but I presume most of the
> noise is due to the Torque 3.1.1 upgrade on the branch
> (which re-introduces some issues previously patched in
> our Torque 3.0.2, but this does not affect OJB runtime
> and now it's possible to contribute this directly to the
> Torque project to avoid further patching).

Could you try the tests with DdlUtils (-Duse-ddlutils=true) ?

Tom

Re: [Vote] Release 1.0.4

Posted by Martin Kalén <mk...@apache.org>.
[X] +1  Yes, release OJB 1.0.4, about time

Oracle9 testing is not too clean, but I presume most of the
noise is due to the Torque 3.1.1 upgrade on the branch
(which re-introduces some issues previously patched in
our Torque 3.0.2, but this does not affect OJB runtime
and now it's possible to contribute this directly to the
Torque project to avoid further patching).

Hopefully next year will bring loads of "ASF-time" so
I can work a bit on this! :-)

Cheers and Merry Christmas,
  Martin

Re: [Vote] Release 1.0.4

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>.

Re: [Vote] Release 1.0.4

Posted by Brian McCallister <br...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: [Vote] Release 1.0.4

Posted by Thomas Fischer <tf...@apache.org>.
+1

Thomas

Re: [Vote] Release 1.0.4

Posted by Thomas Dudziak <to...@gmail.com>.

Re: [Vote] Release 1.0.4

Posted by Leandro Saad <le...@ibnetwork.com.br>.
[X] +1  Yes, release OJB 1.0.4, about time

On 12/21/05, Thomas Dudziak <to...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> this is a vote for the release of OJB version 1.0.4. The current
> version in the CVS branch is stable (only few known issues which will
> be documented in the release notes and fixed after the release) and
> contains a lot of changes, so it would make sense to release. Also,
> infra would like us to switch to SVN beginning of January, and the
> idea is to have a release out before that.
> So, what is your opinion:
>
> ------------------------------ --------------------------
> [ ] +1  Yes, release OJB 1.0.4, about time
> [ ] +0  Sure, why not
> [ ] -0  Won't block, but think imperfect (please give reasons)
> [ ] -1  Against releasing (please give reasons)
>
> Btw, while this vote runs, we will be fixing the Doc & Javadoc (if you
> want to help, just run the checkstyle target and fix whatever comes up
> ;-) ).
>
> regards,
> Tom

Leandro Rodrigo Saad Cruz
CTO - InterBusiness Technologies
sitedafesta.com.br
db.apache.org/ojb
guara-framework.sf.net
xingu.sf.net

Re: [Vote] Release 1.0.4

Posted by Thomas Dudziak <to...@gmail.com>.
On 12/21/05, Thomas Dudziak <to...@gmail.com> wrote:

> this is a vote for the release of OJB version 1.0.4. The current
> version in the CVS branch is stable (only few known issues which will
> be documented in the release notes and fixed after the release) and
> contains a lot of changes, so it would make sense to release. Also,
> infra would like us to switch to SVN beginning of January, and the
> idea is to have a release out before that.
> So, what is your opinion:

Ups, forgot to state when the vote ends: in one week, Wednesday the
28th December.

Tom

Re: [Vote] Release 1.0.4

Posted by Jakob Braeuchi <jb...@gmx.ch>.