Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Daniel Mezentsev <da...@soleks.com> on 2012/06/02 22:41:53 UTC

Development environment for RPM-based distros.

Hi All @CloudStack Devs,

Is there detailed documentation how to setup development environment for
RPM-based distros (not for general Linux, but explicitly for RPM-based). I
have fully deployed CS build environment cloning from your git server, can
successfully build CS, but there is no description what need to be setup
to build RPM packages. cloud.spec file has some unresolved dependency - as
for example %{_ver} is not defined, %{_rel} is not defined - which is most
probably in your local .rpmmacros files. I think it would be useful to
include that file into git repo. Correct me if im on the wrong direction.

Re: Development environment for RPM-based distros.

Posted by Daniel Mezentsev <da...@soleks.com>.
Hi Rajesh,
Thanks for reply. But how was CentOS rpms were built ?

Posted by Rajesh Battala <ra...@citrix.com>.
Hi  Daniel ,
I think "Robert Schweikert <rj...@suse.com>" had built rpm's for SuSE.
He might help you in building rpm's. please see waf scripts of CS.

Thanks
Rajesh Battala

Posted by da...@soleks.com.
Hi Frank,

Thanks for reply. Found it. Everything is ok now (i mean deployment from rpm).

Posted by Frank Zhang <Fr...@citrix.com>.
Run
./waf rpm
in root folder.