Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Da...@lawson.com on 2000/12/18 22:51:05 UTC

Missing .java files

In playing around with <javac> task in ant, I've noticed that I can enter
complete garbage for the 'include' tag and ant won't complain.  For example,

<javac    srcdir=".:${SRCDIR}"
     destdir="${CLASSDIR}"
     classpath="${CLASSDIR}"
     extdirs="${EXTDIR}"
     includes="Getopt.java,
                          LongOpt.java,
               Nonexistentfile.java" />

works just fine, compiling the first two genuine java files and ignoring the
third, nonexistent one.

It would be nice to get a warning message of some sort, if for no other reason
than to catch typos or source files which get clobbered for some reason.  Does
this functionality already exist, but is "turned off", or should I just consider
this a request for future feature enhancement?

--dave