Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by Afkham Azeez <af...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/23 10:47:53 UTC

[Discuss] Graduation of Apache Stratos from the Incubator

With a view to starting the vote on this list, I am starting this
discussion thread related to graduation of Stratos. The draft resolution is
shown below. Thoughts welcome. Once we are done with the discussion, I will
start the formal mail on the dev list.  Into the proprosed intial PMC, I
have included all mentors & have removed the inactive PPMC members. Please
feel free to holler if you want to be added to the PMC.

  Establish the Apache Stratos Project

       open-source software, for distribution at no charge to
       the public, related to providing an implementation of a
       Platform-as-a-Service Framework.

       Committee (PMC), to be known as the "Apache Stratos Project",
       Foundation; and be it further

       RESOLVED, that the Apache Stratos Project be and hereby is
       related to providing an implementation of a Platform-as-a-Service
       Framework; and be it further

       RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Stratos" be
       and hereby is created, the person holding such office to
       serve at the direction of the Board of Directors as the chair
       of the Apache Stratos Project, and to have primary responsibility
       for management of the projects within the scope of
       responsibility of the Apache Stratos Project; and be it further

       Apache Stratos Project:

        Mohammad Nour (mnour@apache.org)
        Ant Elder (antelder@apache.org)
        Paul Fremantle (pzf@apache.org )
        Jonathan Marsh (jonathanmarsh@apache.org)
        Afkham Azeez (azeez@apache.org)
        Peter Linnell (plinnell@apache.org)
        Lakmal Warusawithana (lakmal@apache.org)
        Damitha Kumarage (damitha@apache.org)
        Samisa Abeysinghe (samisa@apache.org)
Nirmal Fernando (nirmal070125@apache.org)
 Sajith Kariyawasam (sajith@apache.org)
        Lahiru Sandaruwan (lahirus@apache.org)
        Isuru Haththotuwa (isuruh@apache.org)
Madhura Mendis (madhura@apache.or <ma...@apache.org>g)
 Mariangela Hills (mariangela@apache.org)
Marlon Pierce (mpierce@apache.org)
 Suresh Marru (smarru@apache.org)
 Chip Childers (chipchilders@apache.org)
Joe Brockmeier (jzb@apache.org)
 Noah Slater (nslater@apache.org)
Nandana Mihindukulasooriya (nandana@apache.org)
 Isuru Perera (isuru@apache.org)
Reka Thirunavakurussu (reka@apache.org)
 Deepal Jayasinghe (deepal@apache.org)
Debo Dutta (dedutta@apache.org)
 Udara Liyanage (udara@apache.org)
Manula Chathurika Thantriwatte (manula@apache.org)
 Imesh Gunaratne (imesh@apache.org)
Pradeep Fernando (pradeepfn@apache.org)
 Chris Snow (csnow@apache.org)
Melan Nimesh (melan@apache.org)
 Jason Daly (jasondalycan@apache.org)
Chanaka Jayasena (chanaka@apache.org )
 Jeffrey Nguyen (jeffrngu@apache.org)
Anh Tu Nguyen (tuna@apache.org)

       NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Lakmal Warusawithana
       be appointed to the office of Vice President, Stratos, to
       serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the
       death, resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification,
       or until a successor is appointed; and be it further

       RESOLVED, that the initial Apache Stratos PMC be and hereby is
       tasked with the creation of a set of bylaws intended to
       encourage open development and increased participation in the
       Apache Stratos Project; and be it further

        RESOLVED, that the Apache Stratos Project be and hereby
       Incubator Stratos podling; and be it further

       Incubator Stratos podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator
       Project are hereafter discharged.

Re: [Discuss] Graduation of Apache Stratos from the Incubator

Posted by Nirmal Fernando <ni...@gmail.com>.
Looks good.

On Wed, Apr 23, 2014 at 5:26 PM, Lakmal Warusawithana <la...@wso2.com> wrote:
> [...]
>>        Board of Directors and the Bylaws of the Foundation until
>>        death, resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification,
>>        or until a successor is appointed; and be it further
>>
>>        RESOLVED, that the initial Apache Stratos PMC be and hereby is
>>        tasked with the creation of a set of bylaws intended to
>>        encourage open development and increased participation in the
>>        Apache Stratos Project; and be it further
>>
>>        RESOLVED, that the Apache Stratos Project be and hereby
>>        is tasked with the migration and rationalization of the Apache
>>        Incubator Stratos podling; and be it further
>>
>>        RESOLVED, that all responsibilities pertaining to the Apache
>>        Incubator Stratos podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator
>>        Project are hereafter discharged.
>>

> --
> Lakmal Warusawithana
> Director - Cloud Architecture; WSO2 Inc.

Best Regards,
Nirmal

Nirmal Fernando.
Senior Software Engineer, WSO2 Inc.

Blog: http://nirmalfdo.blogspot.com/

Re: [Discuss] Graduation of Apache Stratos from the Incubator

Posted by Lakmal Warusawithana <la...@wso2.com>.
+1 from me.

Blog : http://lakmalsview.blogspot.com/

Re: [Discuss] Graduation of Apache Stratos from the Incubator

Posted by Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org>.
Since the discussion subsided and getting in votes, I will start a new thread so we have a explicit thread with PPMC readiness.

Suresh

Posted by Madhura Mendis <ma...@wso2.com>.
+1

Posted by Mariangela Hills <ma...@wso2.com>.
+1

Regards,
Mariangela

*--*

Posted by Jason Daly <ja...@systembind.com>.
+1

Jason Daly
VP, Product Development
SystemBind Consulting & IT Services Inc.
5115 Maingate Drive, Unit #1 | Mississauga | Ontario
Tel: 416.848.0980 x 850
Mobile: 416.388.4070
Toll: 1.877.SYS.BIND
www.systembind.com <http://www.systembind.com/>

On Apr 23, 2014, at 9:57 AM, "chris snow" <chsnow123@gmail.com <ma...@gmail.com> > wrote:

+1

        Mohammad Nour (mnour@apache.org <ma...@apache.org> )
        Ant Elder (antelder@apache.org <ma...@apache.org> )
        Paul Fremantle (pzf@apache.org <ma...@apache.org> )
        Jonathan Marsh (jonathanmarsh@apache.org <ma...@apache.org> )
        Afkham Azeez (azeez@apache.org <ma...@apache.org> )
        Peter Linnell (plinnell@apache.org <ma...@apache.org> )
        Lakmal Warusawithana (lakmal@apache.org <ma...@apache.org> )
        Damitha Kumarage (damitha@apache.org <ma...@apache.org> )
        Samisa Abeysinghe (samisa@apache.org <ma...@apache.org> )
Nirmal Fernando (nirmal070125@apache.org <ma...@apache.org> )
Sajith Kariyawasam (sajith@apache.org <ma...@apache.org> )
        Lahiru Sandaruwan (lahirus@apache.org <ma...@apache.org> )
        Isuru Haththotuwa (isuruh@apache.org <ma...@apache.org> )
Madhura Mendis (madhura@apache.org <ma...@apache.org> )
Mariangela Hills (mariangela@apache.org <ma...@apache.org> )
Marlon Pierce (mpierce@apache.org <ma...@apache.org> )
Suresh Marru (smarru@apache.org <ma...@apache.org> )
Chip Childers (chipchilders@apache.org <ma...@apache.org> )
Joe Brockmeier (jzb@apache.org <ma...@apache.org> )
Noah Slater (nslater@apache.org <ma...@apache.org> )
Nandana Mihindukulasooriya (nandana@apache.org <ma...@apache.org> )
Isuru Perera (isuru@apache.org <ma...@apache.org> )
Reka Thirunavakurussu (reka@apache.org <ma...@apache.org> )
Deepal Jayasinghe (deepal@apache.org <ma...@apache.org> )
Debo Dutta (dedutta@apache.org <ma...@apache.org> )
Udara Liyanage (udara@apache.org <ma...@apache.org> )
Manula Chathurika Thantriwatte (manula@apache.org <ma...@apache.org> )
Imesh Gunaratne (imesh@apache.org <ma...@apache.org> )
Pradeep Fernando (pradeepfn@apache.org <ma...@apache.org> )
Chris Snow (csnow@apache.org <ma...@apache.org> )
Melan Nimesh (melan@apache.org <ma...@apache.org> )
Jason Daly (jasondalycan@apache.org <ma...@apache.org> )
Chanaka Jayasena (chanaka@apache.org <ma...@apache.org> )
Jeffrey Nguyen (jeffrngu@apache.org <ma...@apache.org> )
Anh Tu Nguyen (tuna@apache.org <ma...@apache.org> )

http://lnkd.in/cw5k69 <http://lnkd.in/cw5k69>

Re: [Discuss] Graduation of Apache Stratos from the Incubator

Posted by damitha kumarage <da...@gmail.com>.
Seems good. Let's go for the vote

Damitha

> [...]

>        NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Lakmal Warusawithana
>        be appointed to the office of Vice President, Stratos, to
>        serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the
>        Board of Directors and the Bylaws of the Foundation until
>        death, resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification,
>        or until a successor is appointed; and be it further
>
>        RESOLVED, that the initial Apache Stratos PMC be and hereby is
>        tasked with the creation of a set of bylaws intended to
>        encourage open development and increased participation in the
>        Apache Stratos Project; and be it further
>
>         RESOLVED, that the Apache Stratos Project be and hereby
>        is tasked with the migration and rationalization of the Apache
>        Incubator Stratos podling; and be it further
>
>        RESOLVED, that all responsibilities pertaining to the Apache
>        Incubator Stratos podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator

Damitha Kumarage
http://people.apache.org/

Re: [Discuss] Graduation of Apache Stratos from the Incubator

Posted by chris snow <ch...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pa...@wso2.com>.
+1 from me. Paul