Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Sahoo <Sa...@Sun.COM> on 2007/11/29 15:04:52 UTC

Message from my annotation processor don't appear in console

Hi,

Recently I was writing an annotation processor [1]  which gets called
from javac. JDK 6 javac exposes an API called Messager to be used to
report warnings or errors or diagnostic information. I noticed that if I
launch javac from command line, my messages appear in the output, but
when javac is invcoked by maven-compiler-plugin, my messages don't
appear. While debugging I found that maven passes StringWriter to javac
to write the messages to and javac is also writing to that object, so I
suspect maven is not subsequently printing the information available in
the StringWriter object. More information is available at [2].

Thanks,
Sahoo

[1]
http://weblogs.java.net/blog/ss141213/archive/2007/11/a_javac_plugin_1.html
[2] http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=5241006&tstart=0

Re: Message from my annotation processor don't appear in console

Posted by kristoffer <st...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I do not have an answer to your question, sorry. But I wonder if you can
help me with a small problem i have?

Im trying to invoke the annotation processor from Maven, and i cannot get
Maven to invoke my processors during 'compile'..

It works fine with straight javac...

I have configured maven-compiler-plugin like so:

           <plugin>
               <version>2.0</version>
               <configuration>
                   <source>1.6</source>
                   <target>1.6</target>
                   <encoding>utf-8</encoding>
                   <compilerArgument>-proc:only</compilerArgument>
               </configuration>
           </plugin>

Is there anything more that i have to do trigger my processor?

thanks,
-Kristoffer