Posted to droids-dev@incubator.apache.org by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org> on 2008/10/28 02:28:27 UTC

Re: Next steps for droids

OK, I believe I have toggled the necessary switch in the svn
authorization files.  I added Thorsten, Ryan, Oleg and me to the
droids SVN group and gave permissions to /incubator/droids.  I also
added the Droids group to incubator/public, which seems to be the
model for other projects in Incubator, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thorsten, can you give your mv command a try?

Re: Next steps for droids

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@juntadeandalucia.es>.
On Tue, 2008-10-28 at 07:00 -0400, Grant Ingersoll wrote:
> Sorry, missed that part.

No worries.

> At any rate:
>   svn mv -m "Move Droids from labs"  https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/labs/droids
>   https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator
>
> Committed revision 708523.
>
> Just did a checkout and it looks good.

Awesome. I did the rest of the protocol and we left labs now for good.
All resources has been moved.

...now we can concentrate on leaving incubator again. ;)

Cheers

salu2

de la Información, S.A.U. (SADESI)

Re: [VOTE] Qpid Graduation - for top level

Posted by Yoav Shapira <yo...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 6:05 PM, Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com> wrote:
> My +1 (mentor/IPMC)

I never know if we need to vote again ;)  My +1 as well, with both
mentor and IPMC hats.

Yoav

Re: [VOTE] Qpid Graduation - for top level

Posted by Yoav Shapira <yo...@apache.org>.

Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Qpid Graduation - for top level

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.
Many thanks to our mentors,
Carl.

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.
Many thanks to our mentors,
Carl.

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations!

On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 8:51 PM, Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com> wrote:
> Carl Trieloff wrote:
>>
>> It is with the support of our mentors and a community vote on our dev list
>> that Qpid
>> would like to graduate. In our last graduation vote the incubator PMC felt
>> that the
>> Qpid project should increase its diversity. Over the intervening months
>> Qpid has
>> added more independents to the project & PPMC, bringing the diversity to 7
>> legally
>> independent parties (not counting those mentors who will stay on to help
>> advise), with
>> the PPMC diversity at 5 legally independent parties (also not counting
>> mentors).
>>
>> Qpid also continues to attract more contributors (both independents and
>> large corporates),
>> so the committer pool and diversity should continue to expand as
>> contributors are voted
>> in as committers.
>>
>> Qpid has also made an additional release since the last graduation attempt
>> and is currently
>> working through close down of the next release. Qpid was accepted into the
>> incubator
>> August 2006.
>>

> Binding - names listed at: http://incubator.apache.org/whoweare.html
>
> (8 +1 binding)
>
> Niall Pemberton niall.pemberton@gmail.com
> Martijn Dashorst martijn.dashorst@gmail.com
> Bertrand Delacretaz bdelacretaz@apache.org
> Jim Jagielski jim@jaguNET.com
> Craig L Russell  Craig.Russell@Sun.COM
> Yoav Shapira yoavs@apache.org
> Paul Fremantle pzfreo@gmail.com
> Ant Elder ant.elder@gmail.com
>
> (2 +1 non-binding)
>
> Daniel Kulp dkulp@apache.org
> Luciano Resende luckbr1975@gmail.com
>
> no (0 or -1 votes)
>
> Many thanks to all those involved and that voted on the community vote
> etc... I will now
> pass the resolution onto the board.
>
> Carl.

Paul Fremantle
Co-Founder and CTO, WSO2
Apache Synapse PMC Chair
OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair

blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org
paul@wso2.com

Re: [VOTE] Qpid Graduation - for top level

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
My +1 (mentor/IPMC)

Paul

On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 9:03 PM, ant elder <an...@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
>> graduation.
>>
>> many thanks.
>> Carl.
>>

>> ---------------------------
>>
>> WHEREAS, the Board of Directors deems it to be in the best
>> interests of the Foundation and consistent with the
>> Foundation's purpose to establish a Project Management
>> Committee charged with the creation and maintenance
>> of open-source software related to distributed messaging,
>> for distribution at no charge to the public.
>>
>> NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, that a Project Management
>> Committee (PMC), to be known as the "Apache Qpid Project",
>> be and hereby is established pursuant to Bylaws of the
>> Foundation; and be it further
>>
>> RESOLVED, that the Apache Qpid Project be and hereby is
>> responsible for the creation and maintenance of software
>> related to distributed messaging; a multiple language
>> implementation providing daemons and APIs for publish &
>> subscribe, eventing and a wide range of message distribution patterns
>> based on the Advanced Message Queuing Protocol (AMQP) and
>> related technologies such as (transaction management, federation,
>> security, management); and be it further
>>
>> RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Qpid" be and
>> hereby is created, the person holding such office to serve at
>> the direction of the Board of Directors as the chair of the
>> Apache Qpid Project, and to have primary responsibility for
>> management of the projects within the scope of responsibility
>> of the Apache Qpid Project; and be it further
>>
>> RESOLVED, that the persons listed immediately below be and
>> hereby are appointed to serve as the initial members of the
>> Apache Qpid Project:
>>
>>   * Aidan Skinner
>>   * Alan Conway
>>   * Arnaud Simon
>>   * Carl Trieloff
>>   * Craig Russell
>>   * Gordon Sim
>>   * Jonathan Robie
>>   * John O'Hara
>>   * Kim van der Riet
>>   * Marnie McCormack
>>   * Martin Ritchie
>>   * Manuel Teira
>>   * Paul Fremantle
>>   * Nuno Santos
>>   * Rafael Schloming
>>   * Rajith Attapattu
>>   * Robert Greig
>>   * Robert Godfrey
>>   * Steve Huston
>>   * Ted Ross
>>   * Yoav Shapira
>>
>> NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that
>> Carl Trieloff be appointed to the office of Vice President,
>> Qpid, to serve in accordance with and subject to the
>> direction of the Board of Directors and the Bylaws of the
>> Foundation until death, resignation, retirement, removal or
>> disqualification, or until a successor is appointed; and be it
>> further
>>
>> RESOLVED, that all responsibility pertaining to the Qpid
>> encumbered upon the Apache Incubator be hereafter discharged.

Paul Fremantle
Co-Founder and CTO, WSO2
Apache Synapse PMC Chair
OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair

blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org
paul@wso2.com

Re: [VOTE] Qpid Graduation - for top level

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
Good job on the community work !!!

+1 (non-binding)

--
Luciano Resende
Apache Tuscany, Apache PhotArk

Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Qpid Graduation - for top level

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations!

On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 8:51 PM, Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com> wrote:
> Carl Trieloff wrote:
>>
>> It is with the support of our mentors and a community vote on our dev list
>> that Qpid
>> would like to graduate. In our last graduation vote the incubator PMC felt
>> that the
>> Qpid project should increase its diversity. Over the intervening months
>> Qpid has
>> added more independents to the project & PPMC, bringing the diversity to 7
>> legally
>> independent parties (not counting those mentors who will stay on to help
>> advise), with
>> the PPMC diversity at 5 legally independent parties (also not counting
>> mentors).
>>
>> Qpid also continues to attract more contributors (both independents and
>> large corporates),
>> so the committer pool and diversity should continue to expand as
>> contributors are voted
>> in as committers.
>>
>> Qpid has also made an additional release since the last graduation attempt
>> and is currently
>> working through close down of the next release. Qpid was accepted into the
>> incubator
>> August 2006.
>>

> Binding - names listed at: http://incubator.apache.org/whoweare.html
>
> (8 +1 binding)
>
> Niall Pemberton niall.pemberton@gmail.com
> Martijn Dashorst martijn.dashorst@gmail.com
> Bertrand Delacretaz bdelacretaz@apache.org
> Jim Jagielski jim@jaguNET.com
> Craig L Russell  Craig.Russell@Sun.COM
> Yoav Shapira yoavs@apache.org
> Paul Fremantle pzfreo@gmail.com
> Ant Elder ant.elder@gmail.com
>
> (2 +1 non-binding)
>
> Daniel Kulp dkulp@apache.org
> Luciano Resende luckbr1975@gmail.com
>
> no (0 or -1 votes)
>
> Many thanks to all those involved and that voted on the community vote
> etc... I will now
> pass the resolution onto the board.
>
> Carl.

Paul Fremantle
Co-Founder and CTO, WSO2
Apache Synapse PMC Chair
OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair

blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org
paul@wso2.com

Re: [VOTE] Qpid Graduation - for top level

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
My +1 (mentor/IPMC)

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 9:51 PM, Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com> wrote:
> ...Attached is the graduation resolution, Please consider your vote for our
> graduation...

+1

-Bertrand

Re: [VOTE] Qpid Graduation - for top level

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: Qpid Graduation - for top level (resolution)

Posted by Rajith Attapattu <ra...@gmail.com>.
Dan,

Thank you very much for the positive analysis. We indeed have come a long
way in terms of diversity since we last attempted graduation.
As for the last release, it was delayed a bit due to key people being on
vacation (unavoidable as we were in the middle of the most popular vacation
period). Also certain components came into the release cycle a bit late.
Some of the positive out comes of the release is that there was a lot less
legal and process issues compared to our previous releases.
However I agree that things can be improved and I am sure each time we will
build on the experience from the past release cycles.
Also a note of thanks to you for reviewing our releases etc and helping out
with process issues.

Regards,

Rajith

On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 9:38 AM, Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org> wrote:

> [...]
> >     * Manuel Teira
> >     * Paul Fremantle
> >     * Nuno Santos
> >     * Rafael Schloming
> >     * Rajith Attapattu
> >     * Robert Greig
> >     * Robert Godfrey
> >     * Rupert Smith
> >     * Steve Huston
> >     * Yoav Shapira
> >
> > NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that
> > Carl Trieloff be appointed to the office of Vice President,
> > Qpid, to serve in accordance with and subject to the
> > direction of the Board of Directors and the Bylaws of the
> > Foundation until death, resignation, retirement, removal or
> > disqualification, or until a successor is appointed; and be it
> > further
> >
> > RESOLVED, that all responsibility pertaining to the Qpid
> > encumbered upon the Apache Incubator be hereafter discharged.

Rajith Attapattu
Red Hat
http://rajith.2rlabs.com/

Re: Qpid Graduation - for top level (resolution)

Posted by Rajith Attapattu <ra...@gmail.com>.
Dan,

> [...]

> >     * Manuel Teira
> >     * Paul Fremantle
> >     * Nuno Santos
> >     * Rafael Schloming
> >     * Rajith Attapattu
> >     * Robert Greig
> >     * Robert Godfrey
> >     * Rupert Smith
> >     * Steve Huston
> >     * Yoav Shapira
> >
> > NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that
> > Carl Trieloff be appointed to the office of Vice President,
> > Qpid, to serve in accordance with and subject to the
> > direction of the Board of Directors and the Bylaws of the
> > Foundation until death, resignation, retirement, removal or
> > disqualification, or until a successor is appointed; and be it
> > further
> >
> > RESOLVED, that all responsibility pertaining to the Qpid
> > encumbered upon the Apache Incubator be hereafter discharged.

Rajith Attapattu
Red Hat
http://rajith.2rlabs.com/

Re: Qpid Graduation - for top level (resolution)

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
+1 binding

Dan

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
+1 binding

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.
+1

> [...]
>   * Manuel Teira
>   * Paul Fremantle
>   * Nuno Santos
>   * Rafael Schloming
>   * Rajith Attapattu
>   * Robert Greig
>   * Robert Godfrey
>   * Steve Huston
>   * Ted Ross
>   * Yoav Shapira
>
> NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that
> Carl Trieloff be appointed to the office of Vice President,
> Qpid, to serve in accordance with and subject to the
> direction of the Board of Directors and the Bylaws of the
> Foundation until death, resignation, retirement, removal or
> disqualification, or until a successor is appointed; and be it
> further
>
> RESOLVED, that all responsibility pertaining to the Qpid
> encumbered upon the Apache Incubator be hereafter discharged.

Apache Wicket 1.3.4 is released

Re: [VOTE] Qpid Graduation - for top level

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.
Jim Jagielski wrote:
> +1 !
>
> (PS: Please add Email addresses to the Resolution).

ack, will do so before I submit it to the board.

many thanks
Carl.

Re: [VOTE] Qpid Graduation - for top level

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.
+1 !

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.
+1 !

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com>.
+1

Niall

Re: Next steps for droids

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 2008-10-31 at 11:50 +1100, David Crossley wrote:
> Grant Ingersoll wrote:
> > Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> > >
> > >One more thing we need is:
> > >ssh people.apache.org
> > >cd /www/incubator.apache.org/
> > >mkdir droids
> > >chown droids:droids droids
> > >
> > >However if I am doing "groups" on people I do not get the droids group
> > >but I remembered that you said you have set it up.
> >
> > I don't have that Karma.  That would have to be a JIRA infra request,
> > I think.  I set up a Droids group in the SVN auth.  However, I don't
> > think we need an explicit Droids UNIX group (just look at all the
> > others there)
>
> I presume that anyone on your project who wants to
> update your website, needs to ask to be added to
> the "incubator" UNIX group.
> http://apache.org/dev/reporting-issues.html#perms

Thanks for pointing t out David.

> > What we need is someone in the incubator group to add the directory.
> > I _think_ all Incubator committers can be in that group, judging by
> > the people who are already in that group.  Maybe that's just an INFRA
> > request?
>
> I just added the "droids" directory.

Thanks very much I just deployed the documentation.

salu2
--
Thorsten Scherler
thorsten.at.apache.org

Re: Next steps for droids

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Grant Ingersoll wrote:
> Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> >
> >One more thing we need is:
> >ssh people.apache.org
> >cd /www/incubator.apache.org/
> >mkdir droids
> >chown droids:droids droids
> >
> >However if I am doing "groups" on people I do not get the droids group
> >but I remembered that you said you have set it up.
>
> I don't have that Karma.  That would have to be a JIRA infra request,
> I think.  I set up a Droids group in the SVN auth.  However, I don't
> think we need an explicit Droids UNIX group (just look at all the
> others there)

I presume that anyone on your project who wants to
update your website, needs to ask to be added to
the "incubator" UNIX group.
http://apache.org/dev/reporting-issues.html#perms

> What we need is someone in the incubator group to add the directory.
> I _think_ all Incubator committers can be in that group, judging by
> the people who are already in that group.  Maybe that's just an INFRA
> request?

I just added the "droids" directory.

-David

Re: Next steps for droids

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.

Re: Next steps for droids

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 2008-10-28 at 07:00 -0400, Grant Ingersoll wrote:
> Sorry, missed that part.
>
> At any rate:
>   svn mv -m "Move Droids from labs"  https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/labs/droids
>   https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator
>
> Committed revision 708523.
>
> Just did a checkout and it looks good.

One more thing we need is:
ssh people.apache.org
cd /www/incubator.apache.org/
mkdir droids
chown droids:droids droids

However if I am doing "groups" on people I do not get the droids group
but I remembered that you said you have set it up.

TIA

salu2

Re: Next steps for droids

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@juntadeandalucia.es>.
On Tue, 2008-10-28 at 07:00 -0400, Grant Ingersoll wrote:
> Sorry, missed that part.

No worries.

Re: Next steps for droids

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.