Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Erik Hatcher <ja...@ehatchersolutions.com> on 2002/02/02 12:08:07 UTC

Official Logo Poll Results

Out of a total of 3,385 votes, the top 5 are:

#33: 370 votes (11%) - CONGRATULATIONS NICK KING!
    http://jakarta.apache.org/ant/images/nicksant1.gif
    http://jakarta.apache.org/ant/images/nicksants2.gif
    http://jakarta.apache.org/ant/images/nicksants3.gif

#45: 307 votes (9%) -
    http://jakarta.apache.org/ant/images/james.jpg

#14: 251 votes (7%) -
    http://jakarta.apache.org/ant/images/hughes2.gif

#2: 182 votes (5%) -
    http://jakarta.apache.org/ant/images/ant_logo.gif
    http://jakarta.apache.org/ant/images/ant2_logo.gif

#43: 177 votes (5%) -
    http://jakarta.apache.org/ant/images/andrews3.gif

-------------------------
Honorable mentions (because the numbers were so close)

#16: 173 votes (5%) -
    http://jakarta.apache.org/ant/images/blairhughes_ant.jpg
    http://jakarta.apache.org/ant/images/mwhyte-ant.jpg

#35: 165 votes (5%) -
    http://jakarta.apache.org/ant/images/mishra.gif

#31: 164 votes (5%) -
    http://jakarta.apache.org/ant/images/bogaert.gif

#23: 157 votes (5%) -
    http://jakarta.apache.org/ant/images/blairhughes_germ3.jpg
    http://jakarta.apache.org/ant/images/blairhughes_germ4.jpg

#42: 121 votes (4%) -
    http://jakarta.apache.org/ant/images/cain1.png
    http://jakarta.apache.org/ant/images/cain2.png
    http://jakarta.apache.org/ant/images/cain3.png
    http://jakarta.apache.org/ant/images/cain4.png

And Conor's ASCII entry deserves mention as it is the only logo you can
actually put in a build file!
    http://jakarta.apache.org/ant/images/conor_ascii.gif

This coming week the committers will make the decision final on a logo
decision (on the ant-dev list), perhaps with some requests from the
artist(s) to make some minor changes and provide various
sizes/colors/formats for their logo(s).

>From the messages this past week, it sounds like we need to choose a few: an
official branded logo for the website and for other sites to use to link to
us if they desire, the ASCII one for build file inclusion, and another "fun"
one for t-shirts.

I'll gather the above results in HTML sometime this weekend to post to our
website and then propose some votes.

    Erik

Re: Official Logo Poll Results

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@iseran.com>.
Posted by Jim Cheesman <jc...@msl.es>.
At 12:08 PM 02/02/02, you wrote:
>Out of a total of 3,385 votes, the top 5 are:
>
>#33: 370 votes (11%) - CONGRATULATIONS NICK KING!
>     http://jakarta.apache.org/ant/images/nicksant1.gif
>     http://jakarta.apache.org/ant/images/nicksants2.gif
>     http://jakarta.apache.org/ant/images/nicksants3.gif

Could someone email me a copy of the winner? I don't have web access at the
mo here...

Jim

--

                           *   Jim Cheesman   *