Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Rolf Schumacher <ro...@august.de> on 2009/02/05 20:32:17 UTC

dependent on a parent pom.xml

installing the svn head of ws.apach.org/xmlrpc leads this pom.xml files:

repository/org/apache/xmlrpc/xmlrpc/pom.xml
repository/org/apache/xmlrpc/xmlrpc-client/pom.xml
repository/org/apache/xmlrpc/xmlrpc-common/pom.xml
repository/org/apache/xmlrpc/xmlrpc-server/pom.xml

whereas the first one is the parent to the other three.
Declaring the dependency for the last three pom.xml works fine,
such as

        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.apache.xmlrpc</groupId>
            <artifactId>xmlrpc-common</artifactId>
            <version>3.1.1</version>
        </dependency>

I wonder if it is possible to refere to the parent pom.xml only.
Tried several things, but - as I'm a newbee - did not get through.

Do you have any kind advice to me?

Rolf