Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by mw...@apache.org on 2003/03/20 08:23:09 UTC

checkstyle in log4j-sandbox

I moved over the checkstyle 3.0 build changes into log4j-sandbox.  The only
difference is that I turned on javadoc checking.  We should turn this on in
the log4j cvs as well.  I know it seems like busy work to fix all the
complaints, but it will be better in the long run.

-Mark

Re: checkstyle in log4j-sandbox

Posted by Ceki Gülcü <ce...@qos.ch>.
At 11:23 PM 3/19/2003 -0800, you wrote:
>I moved over the checkstyle 3.0 build changes into log4j-sandbox.  The only
>difference is that I turned on javadoc checking.  We should turn this on in
>the log4j cvs as well.  I know it seems like busy work to fix all the
>complaints, but it will be better in the long run.

Why? What is the value of javadoc comments which simply state the *really*
obvious? Why make stating the obvious mandatory?

--
Ceki