Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/22 08:15:29 UTC

Weird FOP crash

We have an OFBiz instance running on an OS X server with JDK 1.5.0_13.
If the OFBiz instance is started from a shell with the following
command:

./startofbiz.sh &

and then you exit the shell, and try to print a PDF report the OFBiz
instance silently (without any error message) goes down.
I've traced down the line of code that is causing the issue: it is
line 147 of ApacheFopWorker.java:

transformer.transform(src, res);

On the other hand if, *before* you exit the shell, you print one of
the PDF report, everything is fine and you can exit the shell: the PDF
reports will work fine.

I guess it is some sort of weird classpath issue (once the resource
are loaded FOP works fine; if you exit the shell too early, for some
reason some jars are not found); however this is weird because I could
not recreate this error in my box (Mac OS X 10.5.3 with the same JDK).

Do you have any ideas about how to fix this?
Is it correct to run OFBiz in a separate thread with the "./
startofbiz.sh &" command?

Thanks,

Jacopo