Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by th...@kodak.com on 2007/02/02 12:42:38 UTC

Re: complex line style

Hi Amy,

Amy Comstock <am...@gmail.com> wrote on 01/31/2007 03:00:46 PM:

> I have a set of third party svg's. They all draw a symbol or are an
example
> of a fill pattern.

[...]

> What I need to do is outline a line/polyline/polygon/path using these
svg's.
> I tried creating a pattern using the third party svg and then setting
the
> pattern as the stroke. The problem is, that doesn't orient the svg
correctly.

> Any ideas on how to do this? Is it even possible?

   I don't think you can do what you want.  SVG doesn't allow you to
"warp" the pattern along a stroke.  You can only fill the stroke with a
pattern.

Re: complex line style

Posted by Amy Comstock <am...@gmail.com>.

Thanks for the reply Thomas. I think in order to do it I will need to do
calculations: split the path into small segments, translate & rotate the
symbol, etc.
Looks like inkscape .45 is able to do what I'm trying to
do.
http://inkscape.org/screenshots/gallery/inkscape-0.45-patternalongpath.png

Is there a way to search the mailing list archives?

Thanks.
Amy