Posted to users@maven.apache.org by manmaujin2 <jo...@oocl.com> on 2014/04/01 03:07:07 UTC

Re: skip deploy maven parent pom to artifactory

Thanks for your advise. One more question, the following is our project maven
structure. There are too many pom exist after deploy. For example, not only
the ear pom.xml deploy to artifactory, but also the console A pom , the
console pom and the parent pom. They separate to different directories.
Therefore, I want to reduce the layer of the this structure. Could you mind
to give me some idea again ?

 Many thanks

Parent
  L---console
     L----console A
         L---<module> ear file
              L--- pom for build ear
         L---<module> war file
              L ----pom for build war
     L----console B
         L---<module> ear file </module>
              L--- pom for build ear
         L---<module> war file </module>
               L ----pom for build war

  L---server

      L----server A
         L---<module> ear file
              L--- pom for build ear
         L---<module> war file
              L ----pom for build war
      L----server B
         L---<module> ear file </module>
              L--- pom for build ear
         L---<module> war file </module>
               L ----pom for build war

Re: skip deploy maven parent pom to artifactory

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
> Thanks for your advise. One more question, the following is our project maven
> structure. There are too many pom exist after deploy. For example, not only
> the ear pom.xml deploy to artifactory, but also the console A pom , the
> console pom and the parent pom. They separate to different directories.
> Therefore, I want to reduce the layer of the this structure. Could you mind
> to give me some idea again ?

What does "too many" mean?
What harm do the "extra" pom files cause?

If you must reduce the number of deployed pom, then you must
consolidate your projects, resulting in fewer poms to be deployed.

Wayne