Posted to dev@nutch.apache.org by kaveh minooie <ka...@plutoz.com> on 2012/02/22 00:47:39 UTC

slf4j-log4j12 new version causes runtime error

I hope I am sending this to the correct list :)

I just saw this issue when I was trying to run indexchecker  in local mode.

I solved this by changing this line in the ivy.xml
<dependency org="org.slf4j" name="slf4j-log4j12" rev="1.6.1"
conf="*->master" />

<dependency org="org.slf4j" name="slf4j-log4j12" rev="1.5.5"
conf="*->master" />

the pom.xml has the "correct" version but ivy.xml seems to be overriding
it. (if that was an obvious statement, I apologize, but I am new to ivy
and the whole Maven stuff)

this would be also helpfull:
  http://www.slf4j.org/faq.html#IllegalAccessError

and for the record this is the error I got
kaveh@index9:~/build/nutch/runtime/local$ bin/nutch indexchecker
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalAccessError: tried to access
field org.slf4j.impl.StaticLoggerBinder.SINGLETON from class
org.slf4j.LoggerFactory
	at org.slf4j.LoggerFactory.staticInitialize(LoggerFactory.java:83)
	at org.slf4j.LoggerFactory.<clinit>(LoggerFactory.java:73)
	at
org.apache.nutch.indexer.IndexingFiltersChecker.<clinit>(IndexingFiltersChecker.java:36)

--
Kaveh Minooie

www.plutoz.com

Re: slf4j-log4j12 new version causes runtime error

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
Thank you

--
*Lewis*

Re: slf4j-log4j12 new version causes runtime error

Posted by ka...@plutoz.com.

--
*Lewis*

Re: slf4j-log4j12 new version causes runtime error

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

--
*Lewis*