Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by galaxy <ti...@gmail.com> on 2009/06/15 06:05:04 UTC

About modules like asm-3.1?

Hi ,
I noticed that there are several modules different from others like
asm-3.1,bcel-5.2.
Unlike other modules in the boot directory , they are included in the
folders , and some with META-INF folder . Why are they so special ?
Thanks !!
--
regards
Tian

Re: About modules like asm-3.1?

Posted by Nathan Beyer <nb...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 2:12 AM, galaxy<ti...@gmail.com> wrote:
> So they are needed ,but out of jre ,right?

They are needed for the JRE as an internal dependency of some parts of
the class library.

> But since these are folders , not jar files , I think it will be necessary
> to make them jar files for them to be used as osgi bundles ,

As Harmony doesn't explicitly abide by the OSGi standard at the
moment, this isn't necessary. However, I don't think it's explicitly
required that than OSGi bundle be archived into a single JAR, which in
this case would be a JAR with a JAR in it. I'm not an OSGi expert
though, so I'm not sure this is the case. I'd have to dig into the
specification to know for sure.

-Nathan

Re: About modules like asm-3.1?

Posted by galaxy <ti...@gmail.com>.